3/8 - .325??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
musher said:
He might have deleted his post before your reply. I think the site will let you delete as long as noone has replied to it, or maybe its just a time limit thing.

Yep I deleted; figured I might only muddy the waters with different spline sizes when I wasn't sure whether you had spur or rim system.

for an 028 ,id go 325,7tooth,rim sprocket.to me it matches the saws power.
u could consider 95vp and microlite bar,but if u stay with .63 bar, go stihl on everything.it will just fit better than the powermatches ive seen. just what works for me, with that saw.
ps with the 95vp u mite even consider 8 pin sprocket. think i mite try it on my 026.

ill try and find the 8 pin this weekend. i dont like to have to worry about getting below the power band ,in cut. which is why i keep it simple and stay with 7 pin . but with the 95vp it may be, i can get more chain speed ,without sacrificing significant power. i suspect the gain will be small. but if she cuts faster ,an feels good doing it . ill post.

Latest posts

Back