3 cube ported saw racing final video from 3/25 Northern Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
A truly great event and lots of good reading in this thread:

For any of you guys looking in from the outside and wondering how it all goes, here is a short overview of the 3 cube class from @ash man GTG.

All the guys who wanted to run in three cube were drawn at random out of a hat and paired up for the first round. Winners moved forward and losers moved onto the second bracket for a chance to fight back to the top.
This keeps a bad piece of wood or some other random thing from knocking a guy out altogether and makes sure that everyone gets to run their saw at least twice, newcomers will value the experience because it is totally different to race against an opponent than just in the back yard :)

Bracket One (winners bracket) Nate won three heats in round one over strong competitors in Matt, Brad and Adam and in the final for bBacket One there was a three way timed run-off where he edged out Shawn and Ryan.

Bracket Two (losers bracket) Shawn had gotten knocked out of round one by Adam and ran the table in round two to reach the final over John and Matt and then won the three way timed tie breaker over Dave and Kevin.

3 Cube was a fierce class and here is the final heat.

See you next time and hopefully I will remember the extended battery pack :)
If anyone else has vids and needs help posting, send me a PM

there are 43 videos from the baby saw class and 3 cube class on my YouTube and plenty of other good vids from the event out there as well.
Dave

Was a good time and a lot of good guys is Shawn from Ohio he's a fierce competter ands not a very big but can run a saw with the best of them. Dave had some of the coolest saws there.

Latest posts

Back