3 Cycle chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How does this make you feel?

• Excited, let me see it

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • who cares?

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Pissed, where is the EPA chairmain's head

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
That sounds like the STIHL 4-MIX engine.
Holy Necropost batman...

That's what it is. In my last Stihl class it was mentioned that 4-Mix has gone as far as it's going to go. Strato engines on the chainsaw are clean enough to pass current EPA standards and it's doubtful the EPA will impose further restrictions at this point. This link can be found through Google, so I don't think I'm posting something I am not supposed to... http://servicesupport.stihlicademy....rol_2012-75cb1c07f6b019b960b41f2e55e8343b.pdf

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
jdhacker

jdhacker

ArboristSite Operative
I have a FS90 4-mix when they first came out, and it has many many hours on it. My son keeps the fence cleaned on two farms with it. The only thing I have every done to it was one fuel bulb.

7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
it sounds like it will be like the cadilac 4-6-8 motor of the early 80's such a bomb that they only offered it for half a year. leave it to the germans to screw everything up for us all.
I remember those 4-6-8 caddys, had a nasty habit of setting themselves on fire like a Buddhist monk!!

Latest posts