3120 filter cover vibrates loose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
3120xp ported

Is it normal for this saw that the filter cover keeps unscrewing from vibration? I mean I really really have to crank this thing down tight to get it to stay put. I’m afraid I’m going to hurt the threads over time. Been doing this for quite some time. I just figured it might get better after use but it hasn’t

Usually if it comes loose it’s within the first 1 to 2 cuts after the filter cover been off. And it comes off so darn quick when I’m in the middle of a cut it’s darn near almost falling off

Anyone else have this happen?

81cc65a309084d24a79c2c67938540cf.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Different saw, same design.
Purple or blue thread lock.

As often as you remove and replace the cover, use thread lock?

I get it, purple and blue are the lighter duty thread lockers. Guess ill try it.

Thank you sir

Make sure the 2 bolts in the tray and 2 under the foam are tight. Tighten the muffler bolts too. Maybe something else rattled loose and is causing it

I do check them all often. Thanks you sir

Try dropping the tune down 500 rpms maybe. See if there’s a different feeling in the hands

Ill bring it down a bit and see if it still does it.

[emoji1303][emoji41]

I let it cure for 24 hours, what is your process? Also clean both surfaces with parts cleaner.
I clean both sides with carb/brake cleaner, apply sealant to 1 side, and bolt it down ASAP. Then I do carb, ignition, and muffler mods. So probably 3 hours or so after bolting the cylinder down I start them up

Back