3120xp not firing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goncalo alves

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a very new 3120xp that I was able to start and run for <1hr in the woods. Then we fired it up and used it to mill a 30ish inch maple slab off the top. I set it down to cool for 30 seconds turned it off. Moved some stuff around, came back to fire it up again and couldn't get a spark. We purchased a 2nd spark plug, no spark. We tested the new spark plug and it's working.

Do I need to purchase a new ignition coil? I'm new to this so I'm hoping some people can guide me through the troubleshooting. Anything else I should be looking for?

Hi all,

I have a very new 3120xp that I was able to start and run for <1hr in the woods. Then we fired it up and used it to mill a 30ish inch maple slab off the top. I set it down to cool for 30 seconds turned it off. Moved some stuff around, came back to fire it up again and couldn't get a spark. We purchased a 2nd spark plug, no spark. We tested the new spark plug and it's working.

Do I need to purchase a new ignition coil? I'm new to this so I'm hoping some people can guide me through the troubleshooting. Anything else I should be looking for?
If it's brand new, why don't go back to the dealer with it ?

I purchased it from another member here. I'm imagining I'll run into some resistance if I bring it to a random husqvarna dealer, no?
Well I guess if the warranty is over they'll take it but you gonna have to pay. I'll let the experts answer your question. Interesting problem on a new saw though, Im gonna follow the thread.

Contact Husqvarna, most of pro saws have a lifetime warranty on ignition module.
I contacted the closest dealer and they said two years warranty on the saw. The build date of my saw was in 2017 and I don't have an official receipt for the transaction so I'm guessing I have to eat this one. Maybe it's luck of the draw but not really impressed the ignition module went out before I was able to fire it up more than 5-6 times.

I'm not paying a shop to replace it, is this the correct part number? 503138501

That
I contacted the closest dealer and they said two years warranty on the saw. The build date of my saw was in 2017 and I don't have an official receipt for the transaction so I'm guessing I have to eat this one. Maybe it's luck of the draw but not really impressed the ignition module went out before I was able to fire it up more than 5-6 times.

I'm not paying a shop to replace it, is this the correct part number? 503138501
That is correct part number. Did you check air gap? Disconnect grounding wire? Scrape paint on case under coil so you are sure coil mounting is grounded? If saw starts with grounding wire off, will need to choke it to stop, can pull on/off switch our and disconnect grounding wire, usually black one.

Back