3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny27

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
any comments on the 3120xp, anyone have or run one, is it overkill?seen em on ebay for about $1399

It isn't overkill if you are running it on a CSM, or if you have a need to pull a 48" bar routinely - cutting 8' DBH trees. Otherwise it will lighten your wallet and build your muscles. There are better choices out there.

i know its about 22lbs 8.4 hp , i'll probally wait and see what this 390 is all about thats coming out, 385 or the 395 specs sound pretty good

what kind of wood are you cutting? And, how large?

*edit* Sorry, I didn't read your post http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=38590 on almost the exact same subject. I would give you the same advice the guys over there did...372 Husky. Or, a 7900 dolmar. But, if you are so intent on the 3120, get it! Nothing wrong with wanting something.

Last edited:
^ plus you get Baileys service!!! and you save a few bucks

you NEVER know what your getting on EBAY. buyer beware.

I have a 3120 that I mill with great milling saw. I wouldn't want to carry it around all day though.

If you decide to get a 3120 to take to the woods, don't forget to run a pipe on it, too. Afterall, if you're going to go big, you might as well go big...

GTG_14Small.jpg

yeah no $hit talk about big, lol, ive decided to go with the 390 , im going to go to local husky dealer and order one on monday

johnny27 said:
yeah no $hit talk about big, lol, ive decided to go with the 390 , im going to go to local husky dealer and order one on monday

Supposedly they are already back ordered...hope you are patient.

bailey

johnny27 said:
hmmmmmmmm i hate waiting i guess i'll have to be patient if thats true
Bailey's one of the sponser's has them in there xmas catolog for 759.95. Plus you get a free sweatshirt.

rahtreelimbs said:

TRUE...but also see where Johnny said 'local dealer'. It is cool to keep the money local, but Tony is a sponsor and would likely beat a local dealer on price by a long shot. Might even get a free chain or two as that seems to be his new deal with the Dolmars. AND, he has them for sale now! He who hesitates has lost...better get one while you can!

Not to take anything away from and AS sponser, but if you are lucky enough to have a local dealer, support them.. He's the guy that will help you out when time is against you and you're in a real bind - like on the way to a job.. or...

There is a place for on-line sales, but what if there were no local dealers? If you don't care, buy where ever.

390 vs. 288xp

How does the older 288xp stack up next to the 390? Anybody know??? Something else, I've got a 266xp, how does this stack up against a 272xp???

I didn't look it up, but I believe the 390xp is about 2/3 lb lighter, and has .5 hp more than the 288xp.

The 288 is 87 cc, and the 390 is 88 cc, and the strokes are different, the 390 also has an inbourd clutch - they are totally different saws.

ciscoguy01 said:
...... Something else, I've got a 266xp, how does this stack up against a 272xp???

The 272xp is .8 hp more than the 266se/xp, the 268se/xp is midway between, even though bore and stroke are the same as the 266.....:confused:

Torque

SawTroll said:
I didn't look it up, but I believe the 390xp is about 2/3 lb lighter, and has .5 hp more than the 288xp.

The 288 is 87 cc, and the 390 is 88 cc, and the strokes are different, the 390 also has an inbourd clutch - they are totally different saws.

So what's the purpose of that? Is the newer 390 built more for torque and a little less speed? It'd be pretty hard to change my mind on the 288xp.

Latest posts

Back