3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four Paws said:
It isn't overkill if you are running it on a CSM, or if you have a need to pull a 48" bar routinely - cutting 8' DBH trees. Otherwise it will lighten your wallet and build your muscles. There are better choices out there.

I agree that the 3120 is a bit much for dragging around the woods.The 7900 is a good saw so is the 372,575,385,390 any of them would be a good choice.We have a few 3120s that we race.At the races the 3120 has been on top for about the last ten years or more.(in the chainsaw class)

Rick

ciscoguy01 said:
So what's the purpose of that? Is the newer 390 built more for torque and a little less speed? It'd be pretty hard to change my mind on the 288xp.
The 288xp is an old design, based on the 181se, and has been discontinued for some years on Western markets - it was sort of replaced by the 385xp, even though there was some overlapping in production (as it often is with Husky).

Last edited:
Rick, what's holding back the 088s that allows the 3120s to be better? I'm not a racer, just wondering.

rmihalek said:
Rick, what's holding back the 088s that allows the 3120s to be better? I'm not a racer, just wondering.

There is realy nothing holding them back.They are a good saw.We are working on one now that will be as fast or faster than the 3120.In the 5 cube class the 046 is a very fast saw the 181 is also fast.Racing saws has alot to do with the operator. I would say the operator is holding the 088s back.

Rick

HELSEL said:
There is realy nothing holding them back.They are a good saw.We are working on one now that will be as fast or faster than the 3120.In the 5 cube class the 046 is a very fast saw the 181 is also fast.Racing saws has alot to do with the operator. I would say the operator is holding the 088s back.

Rick

Ooooh, a PC answer...but probably a true one.

Mark

oldsaw said:
Ooooh, a PC answer...but probably a true one.

Mark

That is the most honest answer i could give. It takes lots of training to be good. The biggest problem racers have is being in to big of a hurry(me included). A good racer that is calm an not all shook up will take the same saw and win every time.

Rick

Back