338xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ain't sellin' that sucker!

how much you want for it?

i just wanted him to be able to put all his doubts aside.i'm offering what no one offered me when i was in doubt.

i have owned the 335 cali and the old and new 338s.not for me.they just don't have the nut or balance right for me.great thing about livin' in America though.

'partners in crime' a husky, two stihls and a green thing. The green thing doesn't deserve a bar...

pdp.jpg

seeing that picture ppg put on ere reminds me of other thing i dont like about the stihl, them stupid bloody filler caps, i thought germans were gods of engineering, whats wrong with a good old screw cap for christs sake, also if the groundies sloopy with the oil can he gets oil all over the trigger and handle.

another thing the 338 has 39cc motor, the 200t only 35cc, my resoning is a bigger motor working less is better in the long term then a small motor ringing its tits off, i know 2 strokes are made to sing but just think about it.

and to the guys that are so narrow minded to NOT try a husky, get a life and give them a go, you will be glad you did.

HeHe, I don't mind the flip-caps, sometimes the 200T oil cap binds up with debris, a short puff of air clears it easy enough, I'm happy to use either stihls or huskys, it's the cheapo clap-trap pretend saws by the name of echo that get on my wick.. :cheers:

how bout one from me.

from a tree climbers perspective (mine) the 200t is the best saw ever made. that tophandle is a stud horse surrounded by geldings. if you cant see that for fact then perhaps you should pop your head out your own bum and have another look.

i'm not gonna argue numbers with ya or weights for that matter i'm just gonna tell ya like it is. that boxy little saw is just an extension of my fist while i am in the tree. whichever way i turn that fist the saw stays put. what i have forever suspected and just have just recently confirmed is that when your arm is extended and making the same cut with the 338 the nose wants to dip and causes the weight to pull the throttle keeping the chain revving after the cut.

been using the 338 on all of the climbs ive done that hasnt featured the 372 in it. (about 3-4 times in the past 3 paychecks....lol)

yes i did just talk about one handing a saw. how else do i cut and chuck limbs into pile, butts facing the same way?

so in summation. the 338 is a gutless turd (unless you feel like drilling holes and screwing with tank vents and finding a different carb) that probably a very limp wristed climber might prefer whereas the 200t is in fact the greatest saw of all time. i guess only to be run by the truly hardcore. the ones with the balls to take on a phat limb and fastcut it. just because you can.

ok.but don't forget to say that your using a saw in a manner that conflicts with ANSI Z-133 safety standards.
put both paws on each saw,and see what you think about the 200t then.
its much safer to let the ground man worry about staking the brush.
this matters to many certified arborists who MUST put safety first.

ANSI Z-133
"Chain saws shall be held with the thumbs and fingers of both hands encircling the handles during operation. EXCEPTION: The employer demonstrates that a greater hazard is posed by keeping both hands on the chain saw in that particular situation. This exception should not apply to lightweight chain saws (under 15 pounds) when used in a tree."

i think you have your saws mixed up between old model 335 and newer 338(&334)
the 338 is a far cry from a gutless turd,as well as is the smaller 334t
the 335 may not have been as strong and may of had its share of problems(carb mostly).
but your not describing the newer model 338(or 334) arborist saw(s) here.
they can cut much larger wood than i even care too with a small saw.

i appreciate you chiming in arborist. and if you never ever one hand in the tree then i'm thinking you are wasting my time with all your extra moves and dillydallying so i am going to bet that i'll find a way to get you off my crew because i dont have time to wait on you nor do i want you to get a complex from being outproduced on a daily basis. you are flat out lying to me if you tell me you dont one hand at least once in a while.

safety first for sure man but take it down the road if you aint into producing some work in your 8hr effort for the day.

and indeed i am talking about the 338xpt. my 338xpt, the one with a couple holes drilled in the muffler and the deflector shield removed. the very same saw i tried to save a few bucks with. and i am also talking about the cali edition as well. ex coworker of mine got his brand new 338xpt 45cc cali edition returned so that he could get the 200t. why because he saw what i did to the 200t that was issued to me and how well it ran in the cut big or little wood.

i wouldnt lie to you when i tell you that the saw isnt worth the money they want for it and i wouldnt lie to you when i tell you that the saw is gutless. the cali edition is a joke too. 45cc tophandle and it is better off being used as a chock block.

whats being certified got to do with running a saw anyway? just because you know what you are looking at doesnt mean you know what you are doing.

i think you have your saws mixed up between old model 335 and newer 338(&334)
the 338 is a far cry from a gutless turd,as well as is the smaller 334t
the 335 may not have been as strong and may of had its share of problems(carb mostly).
but your not describing the newer model 338(or 334) arborist saw(s) here.
they can cut much larger wood than i even care too with a small saw.

and after rereading your post, if you are sitting here trying to tell me that the 334 is a stud then you indeed need to go find another gig. the 334 is a flaming homosexual dressed up as a tophandle saw.

i dont think i can take anything you say serious from here on in.

stay safe.

Latest posts

Back