346 Timing problems.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not trying to insult anybodys intelligence but could that piston be installed back wards?

Well it is a bit strange, I was not able to compare the old cylinder, and the piston was correct, but I think it was a bit short.

I left the saw at the dealer again since I done all he did and more, he was sure the top end was correct and will not pull it he said, so I left and will have a look in 2 weeks again after his vacation. I am sure this is a cylinder piston thing.

Mange did you ever find out what was wrong with that thing?

Saw problems:

Mange, just out of curiosity, what was the comopression reading on the saw? Did you acutally take a compression reading or did it feel like it had good compression from pulling her over. I was thinking about a cacked, broken or missing ring or possible the wrong rings. Was the piston in right as Al had asked? To me, poor compression would lend itself to por impulse line pulsations and the carb running lean or not delivering it's fuel. Seems like all else was checked. Still don't know why the dealer wouldn't let you compare the new cylinder and piston against the old ones, unless he's already sent them back to the company for warrenty credit. Just my 2 cents worth for now, you take care. Lewis Brander.

I talked to him today, and he had the hole saw apart several times as i had, checked what I did, tested as I did, but did not even concidder it to be Port/timing/cylinder.
I did not ask and he did not offer the saw to me to strait it out, so I guess we never will know for sure.

I asked again about the old cylinder, but i think I was barking at a wall there.

kind of weird about the old cylinder, he wont let you see it, maybe it has gone back for warranty like someone said, has he been willing to double check the numbers on the new one to confirm it is the correct one? I mean it wouldn't be the first time someone has made a mistake and sent the wrong part.

I asked ane he pionted it out on a shelf but I could not get it to look and compare. This saw is passed warrenty.

HiOctane said:
This dealer is weird .If it was mine,i would move and fast.

I do not think he is wierd, i just would like the full story.
There must be more to it than this.

Rocket Science:

Repairing saws isn't like working on rockets. So what's the big deal about looking at and compairing the two cylinders. I could see it if the saw was a prototype out on a test bases and had a bunch of modifications the company wanted kept secret. Sounds like mistakes have been made and the people involved don't want them revieled. Keep up posted on what you find. This is a puzzler. Take care. Lewis.

Latest posts

Back