346xp cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morbius18

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought the 346 from ebay thinking it was a ne because it had the primer , top cover said 50cc and gray clutch cover.

After getting it and breaking it down for rebuild I discovered a few things off. The primer bulb (ne) wasnt hooked to anything. The carb didn't have a return line for it (oe), nor did the tank have a return (oe) The carb has the smaller flange (ne) without the long arm for the adjusting holes. The model plate says 2011 which would be ne.

The cylinder I need help with. What is this? This is my second Husqvarna rebuild, but I've done 50+ Stihls. I'm not experienced enough with Huskys yet.

The cylinder and piston are 44mm. It will need a new piston and ring and the cylinder is slightly scored and will need a little cleanup.
20181224_215029.jpg 20181224_215036.jpg 20181224_215043.jpg 20181224_215049.jpg

No decomp too. Normally NE has it. It is the tightest tolerance A jug though, so an AB piston will produce very good compression.

NE could be had with or without decomp. I have an xp that came with decomp and an xpg that came without. Both bought new from Bob during the same time range.

You can still order either option when you buy a new cylinder kit.
I got one from bob this spring and he offered the same thing, i chose non decomp. Its a 50cc saw ffs. Lol

Back