• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 346xp Dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Tebo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am looking for a set of Custom Dawgs (Large Felling/Bucking Spikes) for my 346xp. I have already reached out to Westcoaster90 and Sierradmax but so far no luck or waiting to hear back. Below are a couple of sample pics of theirs as a reference of what I'm generally looking for. I did not see anything listed to fit a 346 in Bailey's, Madsen's, Pro-Safety or Labonville (but I was using 2014 catalogues). If anyone knows if there are other saws models listed by these (or any other) suppliers that will also fit and line up correctly (square) on a 346- please let me know.

Thanks guys,
Scott

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Scott,

Have you compared the mount pattern on a 455/460 Pro Felling spike set to that of the 346 set?

You can get factory big dogs, dirt cheap, for a 359. They will fit...View attachment 433257

they fit but the outer dawg sticks out way further then the inner on a 346 :laugh: i have one set of spike left but no way to cut them out. anybody wanna trace and produce? i need 2 sets myself LOL mine are pretty well exact down scaled copies of the 372 westcoast spikes. i got a buddy who cut them for me but he moved 3 hours away. i really should just do the drive on his day off and cut out a few. i sent a trace to a member here who said he would cut 2 copies for me in return and he hasn't followed through. i've PM'd him and saw his current activity was "engaged in conversation" minutes later but he did not respond and still hasn't. wishing i never sent him that design now.

Scott,

Have you compared the mount pattern on a 455/460 Pro Felling spike set to that of the 346 set?
Jon, I don't have any spare Dawgs for either brand laying around at the moment to compair with. :(

You can get factory big dogs, dirt cheap, for a 359. They will fit...View attachment 433257
Duane, It sounds like there is an alignment problem with the 359 Dawgs- which was my worry and why I'm asking before I buy anything. I had the same problems with trying to mis-match several of my Stihls. If they are not square across the front, then they don't look or work right. Did yours mount up flush with each other?

I bought a couple sets from Sierradmax hes a busy man just have to be patient with him.But it be well worth it:rock:
I can appreciate that for sure. I was just hoping to receive a reply from my PM to him- hopefully soon.

they fit but the outer dawg sticks out way further then the inner on a 346 :laugh: i have one set of spike left but no way to cut them out. anybody wanna trace and produce? i need 2 sets myself LOL mine are pretty well exact down scaled copies of the 372 westcoast spikes. i got a buddy who cut them for me but he moved 3 hours away. i really should just do the drive on his day off and cut out a few. i sent a trace to a member here who said he would cut 2 copies for me in return and he hasn't followed through. i've PM'd him and saw his current activity was "engaged in conversation" minutes later but he did not respond and still hasn't. wishing i never sent him that design now.
Thanks for the heads up- that's why I posted this because I don't know what bolts up correctly and I don't want them to be un-even across the front.

Jon, I don't have any spare Dawgs for either brand laying around at the moment to compair with. :(

Duane, It sounds like there is an alignment problem with the 359 Dawgs- which was my worry and why I'm asking before I buy anything. I had the same problems with trying to mis-match several of my Stihls. If they are not square across the front, then they don't look or work right. Did yours mount up flush with each other?

I can appreciate that for sure. I was just hoping to receive a reply from my PM to him- hopefully soon.

Thanks for the heads up- that's why I posted this because I don't know what bolts up correctly and I don't want them to be un-even across the front.

the 357/359 large spikes don't even come close to lining up. i wish i had a 346 here so i could try it and post a pic. way way off. you could run the single inner though if you wanted.

the 357/359 large spikes don't even come close to lining up. i wish i had a 346 here so i could try it and post a pic. way way off. you could run the single inner though if you wanted.

I follow you 100%, even without a pic. When I tried mis-matching some spare stuff I had laying around on my Stihls, it made the saw cut oddly. Almost "Smile Cut", like a mis-filed chain. And that was with only about 1/4" or so of offset variance between the inner and outer spikes.

l got custom dawgs from a member for my 550xp as the factory one was a bit useless but l can say be carefull with BIG dawgs on small saws as they tend to make the saw bog easily. l had big pro safety dawgs designed for a ms660 on my ms261 and it really hampered performance untill l went back to a smaller size (ms362 factory dual/roller catcher). They do look good though!lol

l got custom dawgs from a member for my 550xp as the factory one was a bit useless but l can say be carefull with BIG dawgs on small saws as they tend to make the saw bog easily. l had big pro safety dawgs designed for a ms660 on my ms261 and it really hampered performance untill l went back to a smaller size (ms362 factory dual/roller catcher). They do look good though!lol
Thanks for the input. I also put a big set of (460) spikes on my 036 because I had the OEM set after I bought an aftermarket set for my 460 and they looked odd and bit too much for the saw. I too have the a set of 362 spikes for my 261. They seem to be a very good happy medium set up for a lot of the 40-60cc Stihl saws. That's pretty much what I'm trying to accomplish for the 346.

Anyone have a picture of the ebay customchainsawparts listed? I asked if he had a picture of them on the saw to see how large they are, no word yet. They appear to me to be too large. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-C...782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cb02075e
I too would be interested in seeing anyone's pics of anything that they bought from eBay and installed.

My Bad. I knew they would bolt up. Didn't know they don't line up. Sorry. I had a set here and gave them away, they just looked too big for that size of saw to me.
No worries man. That was the whole reason I started this thread- so I (we) could learn about what works and what doesn't. So far, I now know that most OEM stuff for other similar sized Husy saws bolt up ok, but don't line up correctly. Hopefully, someone will chime in with the magic supplier lead or part numbers that line up right.

Where did you get your set for your 550? What member? Thanks-

nobody had PM'd me about cutting these out scott. i'm thinking i'm gonna leave them with my buddy warren to cut a few out for me. will let you know.

Ok, sounds good to me. I can ask/call around to some of the local fabrication/welding shops to see if anyone would be willing to cut some stuff for us and for how much. I know of a couple of local shops that do custom welding and fab work and some that build custom motorcycles- I'm sure one of them could help us out. I was able to sharpen the factory inside dawg (you couldn't pop a balloon with them the way they come on the saw) so it's better, but not perfect. Do you have paper templates or metal blanks or what? Please keep me in the loop either way- I still need a set regardless. Thanks!
image.jpg

i've got an already cut set so all i need to so i draw up a template for my buddy. wish that other member i sent templates to came through. he still hasn't responded. obviously wanted the template but had no intentions on cutting any out for me.

i've got an already cut set so all i need to so i draw up a template for my buddy. wish that other member i sent templates to came through. he still hasn't responded. obviously wanted the template but had no intentions on cutting any out for me.

Trust me, My name and my reputation are worth a lot more to me than any saw, much less saw parts. You don't have to worry about me. I don't want to own the template or sell anything after the fact. I'm just trying to get some dawgs on this saw and move on- lol! ;)

Back