346xp, full wrap???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut quite a bit on ditch banks, some are pretty much straight sided with the target trees right on the edges or just over.

It kinda eliminates the traditional escape routes, and unless you have a full wrap, or back blade on a tree that is stupid to back blade, you're definately stuck with a single route that is likely gonna be a tangle of Greenbrier or involve yet another ditch.

Lotsa of times there is no call for anything but the 346, and it WOULD be advantagious to have a full or 3/4 wrap.

Metals 406 was making up full wraps and needed a 346 to make the pattern.
I didn't send him mine as I use it just about every 3-4 days.
Give him a shout.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I guess its just personal preference. Big saws really need the wrap bar unless you have wrists like soup cans. IMO having it on a little bansee like the 346 is counter productive.

Though I will back bar when ever I can get away with it. Leaning against your pistol grip whilst chips shoot away from you is nicer than pulling on it and having the stuff go all over you,(If you have used the clutch side bar much in undercuts you know what I mean).

I hear ya, on the big saws and turned wrist back cuts.
Not having a wrap bar can be a PITA on smaller saws for other reasons.

Lotsa times the 346 goes with me, simply because there are a bunch of smaller stuff to get downed, with a couple of 20" trees in between.
Lotsa times it involves cutting overhead, odd angles,standing water in muck holes, and dealing with fences and property lines often dictating a lay that is contrary as all hell.
No place to be fighting a 20lb saw when a little snot will do, and be much more maneuverable. Having a wrap would just expand the utility and reduce some cussin' LOL!!

Hell, I gotta couple to drop next time I go out, that I will have to cut overhead left handed, and use the ditch as the escape route, cuz it's on an inside corner with wire grown into both the dang things, and the neighboring property and fence is about 15' from the cutting line. Both are double Cherrys on a sandy bank edge, and apt to do something goofy once the face closes, and I'm not game to get knocked into 4' of water with a stem on me.
Never cut in Waders before LOL!! It's going to look silly.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well it seems I am not the only one who thinks it could be helpful, thanks for some advice on who to talk to.

LMAO... full wraps on anything under 70cc's is a waste... just like fallin' dogs on "limbing" saws...

Full wraps and big dogs are for large saws fallin' large trees... Just don't make sense on small lightweight saws.

Gary

LMAO... full wraps on anything under 70cc's is a waste... just like fallin' dogs on "limbing" saws...

Full wraps and big dogs are for large saws fallin' large trees... Just don't make sense on small lightweight saws.

Gary
It might be just me and my inexperience with wraps, but I honestly can't see their advantage . To me they just seem like a perfunctory appendage.
As far as dogs, I removed mine on the Husky 362 and replaced it with the stock bumper gaurd but I 'm cutting small trees max 16".
If I had a wrap, I couldn't cut 2" high stumps.
John

John... when fallin' timber over here on the steep ground... it really helps to have that full or 3/4 wrap. Especially when you get in a situation where you have to cut clutch side up or back bar.

Gary

Gary

Umm I want to put some real big dogs on my ms200 T what do you think?:jawdrop: Hey gary you crack me up, why dont you go to the political forums and check it out for some laughs. You would be surprised.

Last edited:
Umm I want to put some real big dogs on my ms200 T what do you think?:jawdrop: Hey gary you crack me up, why dont you go to the political forums and check it out for some laughs. You would be surprised.

HAHAHA!

It's bad enough to go to the political forum as a moderator. Funny how the same people post the same ol' crud there over and over. Some cats only hang out there exclusively... political forums are a joke.

Anyways...back to the topic at hand... I do believe it was Evan that has a full wrapped 260.

Gary

High Stumpin

This is one situation, this 40" diameter stump is close to 6 feet tall on one side and one foot tall on the other in a steep bank sandy gravely bank. 066 with 32 inch bar.

attachment.php

Possible with the 357 full wrap handle

A 357 xp full wrap handle can easily be modified to fit the new edition 346xp. It is only a matter of making a couple of new holes for the mounting screws at the bottom of the handle - and grinding a bit of the bottom pipe so it fits into the bottom of the saw. It is a little bit on the large side but it is doable and fits:)

I think the best thing to do is to buy an extra single wrap handle for the 346xp and cut out the side part of it and weld it on to the existing handle. The only problem (for me) is welding the aluminium properly.

357xp Full wrap will fit on 346 as WoodViking said. I put one on a 346. The 357/9 big dog kit will bolt up but there is about a 1/4" offset in the spikes.
Shep

357xp Full wrap will fit on 346 as WoodViking said. I put one on a 346. The 357/9 big dog kit will bolt up but there is about a 1/4" offset in the spikes.
Shep
Any chance you have a pic of the 357 handle on there. I thought I had tried before but it was rather large(I could be mistaken)

Don't know about the handle, but the bigger dogs are nice when cutting diagonally or at a flare. The 357 dogs can be modified to not be as offset. They eat 2" of bar, but get a good grab on awkward cuts.

Back