346xp Pricing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mo239

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found a 346xp today with an 18" bar with replaceable tip for $479. Now, here's the thing, I can get it for $464 in the box. The lower price does not include assembly, adjustment, and filling with gas and oil. My question is, is it worth paying $15 more, or is this "adjustment" just a load of bologna? Is there really any adjustment needed, or am I just paying extra so they can bolt on a bar and put a fluids in it? Also, if it does need some kind of initial adjustment would this be a simple procedure I could do myself, or is it better left to a trained technician?

I found a 346xp today with an 18" bar with replaceable tip for $479. Now, here's the thing, I can get it for $464 in the box. The lower price does not include assembly, adjustment, and filling with gas and oil. My question is, is it worth paying $15 more, or is this "adjustment" just a load of bologna? Is there really any adjustment needed, or am I just paying extra so they can bolt on a bar and put a fluids in it? Also, if it does need some kind of initial adjustment would this be a simple procedure I could do myself, or is it better left to a trained technician?

Are both prices from the dealer, or is the box price mail order? If the dealer price is that close id for sure pay the extra $15 if the dealer knows what he's doing and will tune the carb. If its a box store chances are they won't adjust the carb anyway, most dont know how. I bought my 346 from a kind of dealer and I had to put the chain on in the store myself cause the "tech" couldn't put it on. The only reason I bought there was because it was the only non-cat in the state I think.

Yea, these are both from a dealer. I was looking at another place, same exact saw was $20 more, and was charging $10 over the $489 base price with an 18" bar. The cat version has a green gas cap, correct?

Back