357/359 muff mod pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here ya go Rick.........

Couple pics I promised for @logger450 on some 357/359 muffler mods. Figured I post them here and share them with everyone. And I expect some of you guys have some ideas of your own to share. Thinking here is to do these on either side of the internal baffle. The first pic on the 2156 is a 288 deflector. The low position is right where the large hole is in the internal baffle, so the exhaust doesn't have to travel up the tube to the factory outlet. This is my favorite ugly saw with the one side of the case being orange. :)

Second pic on the 357 is before/behind the muffler baffle. That's the smaller 254/55 deflector which is NLA. Not sure if there's enough room for the 288 item or not. Both of these mods seem to work equally well.

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

Here ya go Rick.........

Couple pics I promised for @logger450 on some 357/359 muffler mods. Figured I post them here and share them with everyone. And I expect some of you guys have some ideas of your own to share. Thinking here is to do these on either side of the internal baffle. The first pic on the 2156 is a 288 deflector. The low position is right where the large hole is in the internal baffle, so the exhaust doesn't have to travel up the tube to the factory outlet. This is my favorite ugly saw with the one side of the case being orange. :)

Second pic on the 357 is before/behind the muffler baffle. That's the smaller 254/55 deflector which is NLA. Not sure if there's enough room for the 288 item or not. Both of these mods seem to work equally well.

View attachment 713903

View attachment 713904
Thanks Bob

Whats up Bob. Great to see you on here. Nick

Good to just come on here and hang with "friends", and not deal with more "customers". When I put these pics up for Rick, I noticed it was the first thread I started here in 2 years. The saw sites became work. and left little time for fun. So, I let my sponsorship expire this year. Told Jenifer it worked a little too good. LOL But like we've talked, store keeps me plenty busy and there no need, or time, to try and engage with an online customer base as well. As the old saying goes, not a good idea to mix business with pleasure. :)

Latest posts

Back