357 Carb givin' me Fits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkippyKtm

The Lorax, my FIL rip...
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted a thread about my 357 not idling, well I thought it was fixed, but I thought wrong. The bad idle thing came back (it would go lean after 20 secs then stall) it also would surge at WOT in the wood. I had gotten rid of the auto Decomp and rbuilt the carb also.
Well Spike60 helped me out with a PM, and this thread helped as well:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=81960&highlight=359+carb+problems&page=4
about 3/4 the way down you'll see Spike's post.
I grabbed a friend of mine's good running 359 and swapped the carbs out and Wala! It runs like a champ, So I need a carb, I guess there is a ZAMA replacement and a flange as well. This is Spike60's quote:

OK here is some info on the carb change:

"SB, 357XP, 359, Introduction of new carburettor, (their spelling), for better idling stability, 2008-10

To achieve better idling quality, a new carburettor has been introduced in the production. The new name of the carburettor is ZAMA C3-EL42, replacing Walbro HDA199A/B and HDA191A.

New part number for the carb is 505203001.

Also requires a different flange, # 503928502.

introduced from serial numbers: 357XP 083800001
359 084500001

This NOT a recall or an update. It is a production change.

As far as warranty goes, they have been allowing some carb warranties on these saws. But at this point, it would make sense to switch to the new one, but I'm not sure it is in the system yet.

I have a Husky tech school on the 18th, and I'm sure this will come up, so I'll pass on any additional info at that time.

Does anybody know if this is warranty (I'm the second owner and this saw is from 2005) or if they will sell the parts at cost?:)

Back