357xp intake boot clamp??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that there was a recall on 357's intake boot clamps?? How do I know what its supposed to have. Just want to make sure on this 357 I'm working on.

i know there was a recall on the 357, but i don't remember seeing it on the 357. i 'm not saying it wasn't. i had the replacement done on my saw. it came with a plastic clamp which was swapped for a metal one.

i just did a little more reading on this and apparently it was on the 357 as well. this is not my post. it is a copy of a post i found on another forum

Service Bulletin for 357XP, 359, 353, 346XP
This service bulletin is not new. I thought that there might be some out there who were not aware of it so here it is. If your saw has a black plastic clamp around the intake right next to the cylinder it is applicable to it. If the clamp is of steel construction then you should be ok.

B0600023
SERVICE

*537 43 88-01*
*compl 537 25 13-02
English 1 (1)

SB, 357 XP, 359, 353, 346 XP,
Partition wall and clamp for intake system,
2006-03

The existing intake system on 357XP, 359,353 and 346XP currently consists of an integrated plastic clamp in the partition wall. As the clamp is made of plastic, there is a risk of deformation. This results in impaired clamping force against the cylinder, which in turn can result in leakage in the intake system. To prevent this from occurring, we have now introduced a metal clamp and a new partition wall.

The new partition wall is made up of polyamide with 30 % fibre glass.
The new clamp is a hardened steel clamp. The new material and the design of the clamp reduce the risk of deformation and the subsequent risk of leakage.

Full replaceability prevails.
Introduced from serial number:
357XP 061100201
359 061100001
353 061100001
346XP 061100001

New part no. Description Excl. part. no. Remark
537 25 13-02 Partition wall, intake, complete New spare part
537 43 88-01 Clamp, intake New spare part

Spare part, partition wall, part number 537 25 13-01, has been discontinued and is replaced by part number 537 25 13-02.

UP DATE on the plastic clamp and getting the warranty covered new one for replacement.

It took over a year to find the freaking air leak I knew it had, turned out the plastic clamp on my 357 was leaking and why it wasn't running up to par for awhile now.

A friend happen to have a extra old style plastic intake for the saw laying around and installed it and wallah, no more leak. Thanks.

Anyhow you have to take the saw with serial number and the month and year you purchased it . No receipt was needed thank goodness.

They ordered me a complete updated intake for the 357 FREE of charge and even gave me the old part back. I think me and this new dealer in my area is going to get along. I bought stuff I didn't need because he was so helpful and got right on the phone with husqvarna rep.

I took a copy of the post I made for the dealer to see. He wanted to keep a copy for his files and called the husky rep. I will post again and you can copy it for them. It has the saws listed and serial numbers affected listed in it. It is NO COST to the dealers it is all covered by husky. The rep even said they are paying for top end rebuilds that come back to the leaky intake seal. Good Luck.

Any serial number before the one posted is affected and probably still has the plastic type clamp. If he tells you different he is just shrugging you off and dont want deal with it.

i bought a 357 from CL yesterday. it is supposed to run fine. i guess i will know when it gets here Monday or Tuesday. it never even dawned on might that i might have to deal with this issue again.

I beat ya both, got mine for free...and running. Went to see a guy about a P/C for a husky 55, Said he didnt have what i wanted but could take the 357 if i wanted, said it was junk. Took it home gassed it up, 3 pulls and she came to. Been running pretty good for a junk saw, just gets really hot and still cant figure out why, its old enough to have the plastic piece but how can i get it replaced?

I beat ya both, got mine for free...and running. Went to see a guy about a P/C for a husky 55, Said he didnt have what i wanted but could take the 357 if i wanted, said it was junk. Took it home gassed it up, 3 pulls and she came to. Been running pretty good for a junk saw, just gets really hot and still cant figure out why, its old enough to have the plastic piece but how can i get it replaced?

Print off the info that nmurph posted up, and take that to your dealer. It could be causing your saw to run lean, and heat up.

Back