357xp or 562?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen2504

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions. Thinking about getting a mid range saw to add to the collection. Either a 357xp or 562xp. I'm not an auto tune fan but my 540 has ran flawlessly. How's a 357 cut compared to a 346xp? How would it cut compared to a 562? Are both saws large mount? I have 2 346's so is a 357 worth looking for?

357 would be a noticeable bump in power from a 346, and is small mount as well. 562s are impressive but if i was in ur shoes id try to find a nice 357. May take a little waiting and looking but theyre around

357 is a real nice saw and clean used models seem to be readily available. It's a model that would be tough to go wrong with if you find a clean, low hour example at a reasonable price.

Run back to back the 562 is definitely more powerful. If you find an older used one be sure it's received the carb upgrades. I'm extremely pleased with my mid 2015 build 562.

I've not had a single problem with my 562 since bought new the first month of 2012. Nice saw to run, just like the 357xp a little better. If buying a 'new' saw today it would likely be a 2260, as I prefer the small mount.

Thanks. I've been looking for a nice 357. Just haven't ran across any, but I'd thought I'd ask opinions before I got serious about it.

If you want something with a truly good jump in power over a 50cc saw, I always recommend something with 70cc like a 372xp. Between the two you listed, when running right the 562 is the better saw, but it's track record is checkered, so the 357 is what I'd look at.

I've had both. I prefer the durability of the 357xp over the POS 562xp. It doesn't matter how fast a saw is if it's always breaking down...

My dealer that sells all the new auto tune saws told me a couple years ago 357xp was a POS at first lmao[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"IF" you want a small bar mount 562, then the 2260 is for you!

standard.jpg

Mine has run perfect from day one!

SR

Latest posts

Back