Anyone run both the OEM 372xp and the clone side by side.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guilty of Treason did this on his YouTube channel.
Look up weimedog. He's spent a pile of time building, repairing and running the oem and chinese stuff head to head. His youtube videos are long, but they provide about as much unbiased information as you could ever ask for on the subject.

Yes thats

That's what prompted my post. In his vid the the clone is clearly not doing well.

They are available for $250 and I was going to try one but not if they don't run even close to a 372.

The farmertech 372 top ends look good aweful inside.
View attachment 1070858View attachment 1070859

I suspect they will not perform that well as they look the same as my clone 357 top end that did not. It's how bad the transfers are is my guess.

Something I have observed, and has been already repeated here, is that people buying the new models that just came out like the G395 seem to be getting better performance. We know better top ends are being made now. I wonder if the new models coming out have top ends closer to OEM now.

Meaning avoid the clone 372, get some else like a 365 and it will out perform it as states above. Idk if there is truth to this. Has anyone had one of the newer models appart and compared it to the 372?

I was hoping that the better components would have made it into the g372's being sold now but idk if that's the case. They may have made an awful lot of them like that.

So much so that they can be special ordered with better top ends and walbro carbs but at that point might as well buy OEM.

A big question many had from the above vid was was it just a carb adjustment problem?

He's comparing an xtorq to a proper xp copy

the "cheesy dog" is quite appropriate for some users

now I'll watch the rest of the story

the clone is rich on top and maybe lean on the bottom. Anyway...

Gawd! The pos mid-size huskies were blowing up regularly for years. You are acting ignorant mr walker. Sheesh! If you know, then stop! The stihl main bearings were a problem too. The moronic and autoboom systems were a dismal failure for years. Years! And they can be problematic to this day.

Gawd! The pos mid-size huskies were blowing up regularly for years. You are acting ignorant mr walker. Sheesh! If you know, then stop! The stihl main bearings were a problem too. The moronic and autoboom systems were a dismal failure for years. Years! And they can be problematic to this day.

Never had an Mtronic. Do have a 2016 or 17 Husqvarna 545. I left it sitting for about 6 months once and couldn't get it to start. Pulled 25 times or more and wouldn't fire. I squirted some mix down the carb and it fired right up. I really like it but it does have a couple quirks.

a great example of a bad saw was the old 562. And the old 550. And the old 572? 575? Those were all pre-computer saws. Then they got worse...

the crews I worked with were forced to switch to Stihls after being long time husky guys. And the stihls had problems too.

anyway, it's not just a chinese problem..

No they are not. : )

Stihls are constructed in some weird way that only certified rocket scientists can figure out.

gone are the days of a quick rebuild on the tailgate, when huskies were always easier cause they were put together logically, like a chainsaw. Not like a fricken rocketship.

that's why I sold my perfect ms362. Beautiful saw, but strato and known main bearing failures. I kept my Echo 590 and my husky 262 in the 60cc class. Neither one as sweet as the 362, but one is workmanlike and one is a screaming rush. Perfect.

There's so many reviews here and vids of guys cutting wood with the clones.

I put a cheap Chinese top end for a time on my 357xp... And it also ran fine and cut wood. I thought it was great. Until I went back to OEM. The performance is noticeably better, but I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't have experience with both top ends.

So many of the vids racing the clones and OEM aren't valid imo. Many of them are not stock. Guys have replaced a lot of components including the top end and carburetor. At that point you might as well just buy OEM.

The impression that I get from most of the guys posting YouTube videos about their Holtzforma G372 is that they have never run a OEM one. It starts, it cuts wood, they think it's great.

To me though they don't look and sound like a Husqvarna XP in wood in the vids. They bog down, stall out, seem lower rpm, less power... They look a lot like my 357 with the garbage top end.

Yet most of the videos proclaim they are identical.

Has anyone owned both a stock 372xp and one of the clone G372's?

How close do they perform stock?

The only objective YouTube vid I could find was a guy who wasn't much into tinkering with chainsaws or even adjusting the carburetors. He bought a clone 372 and an OEM and was climbing with them running them side by side. It was very clear the clone was a dog compared to the OEM. The comments blamed it on the carburetor just being too rich. But if you didn't have an OEM right next to it, most people probably wouldn't have noticed.

Anyone run both?
I've run both side by side and intermittently separate.
The clone saw 372G(48mm) or oe xp (50mm) versions are absolutely weaker and slower then their counterparts, the XTs I've run , I really can't discern? The OEM feels more torquey.
For clarity I do own 2 different types of the clone 372 oe and they are much faster and stronger then their counterparts, but that doesn't happen without some tinkering. I think videos thay don't openly admit that are misleading.
Honestly I put very little work into making mine fast and strong ( alot less work than most of my restoration builds!) . If your so inclined you can build one for about the same investment as a clapped out used saw that'll require double the money to break even.

How are the clone 380's? I have always liked the simple lines of that saw.
I've only used a cheap top end on a burned up junker 038 magnum, it need some squish adjustment, ( base gasket delete) . It ran very well but I didn't even get 5 tanks through it before I gave it to my young cousin.
Lacked alittle torque compared to my 038 Super ,but it wasn't even broken in.

I've run both side by side and intermittently separate.
The clone saw 372G(48mm) or oe xp (50mm) versions are absolutely weaker and slower then their counterparts, the XTs I've run , I really can't discern? The OEM feels more torquey.
For clarity I do own 2 different types of the clone 372 oe and they are much faster and stronger then their counterparts, but that doesn't happen without some tinkering. I think videos thay don't openly admit that are misleading.
Honestly I put very little work into making mine fast and strong ( alot less work than most of my restoration builds!) . If your so inclined you can build one for about the same investment as a clapped out used saw that'll require double the money to break even.

Hard to understand. Is oe XP, original equipment XP?

I think you are saying none of 372xp clones run well but the 372 X-torq clones do?

A OEM 372 has better port timing numbers than a clone cylinder. Thus the oem will out run the clone. Match up all the port numbers, proper tuning, matched coils, and proper functioning carburetor will provide identical performance from oem or clone. Realistically, oem has quality control an materials on its side.
This is spot on.

Learn to port and than you can have your china saw with better than OEM performance at the china saw price as porting mostly cost you time.

The title of this thread or my comment does not mention "357"s.
I’ve run both blue 372s and Husky’s side by side with my guys. The Husky’s have it in power but the clones other than minor stuff have hung right in there it’s been over a year now. I took one clone and ported a 52mm meteor kit with a domed piston and it’ll kick all their asses. Minor stuff is infamous compression release, recoil stuff, one oil pump. No major issues yet.

Thats funny. I've owned more than a few Huskies and never had one blow.

That's funny, cause I saw a catastrophic flurry of epic proportions over about a five year period where sawhands were left out in the cold by husky after their brand new saws burnt up or had bottom end failures after only a few days on the job. Nearly none of them could last a season, or maybe 1/3 perhaps up to 1/2 to be fair. They became throwaway saws. One season (if they lasted) and down the road they went. Bad gas, apparently. Right.

since you have no direct experience, or claim not to, perhaps you should educate yourself.

5 series saws were a mess to start with, and it continued for years, then the autoboom started...

I don't know how you cannot know this. Perhaps you talk the talk but haven't done the walk, idk.

Latest posts

Back