357xp vs. 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the 570? Seems to fall in between these two in price, but has higher published hp with the downside of extra weight. Again, stock vs. stock.

I find it interesting how passionate guys are about the two handle styles. I personally can't stand the straight Jonsered handle:) I guess that's why they make them both. Anyone know if the handles are interchangeable?
Ha ha it's true Most Jred guy's like the Straight handle must just be what we are used to I hate the handle on my 7900 great saw, but I would prefer a straight handle I also like the low air filter cover on the Jred's, but it all boils down to personal preference and know that the Jreds are made from the top 10% of husky parts:hmm3grin2:spam:eek:range:

In all fairness, I need to do some experimenting with the air filter on my 361. Levi pulled the filter on his piped 361, and it made a significant difference. I see two filters listed in the IPL. One just says "air filter" and the other says "Air filter, fleece USA, CND, AUS, NZ. Anyone know what the difference is? I'm sure it's probably been discussed before, but I didn't pick up on it.

So what would it take to pry the 359 out of your hands?

I think I'll hang on to it just in case one of my other saws go down. It's a good saw but it's just a little bit heavy for limbing (for me) and a little bit small for the real big wood. In a pinch it could take the place of either one of my other saws if the wood isn't real big.

I'll probably muff mod it before long but I don't know about a port job.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

I have a brand new 359 or darn near new been used 2-3 times maybe and its just about as heavy as my 372 just like danrclem said thats why I dont use it I will pick up my 346 now over my 372 even for 90% of my work.

It (the 359) runs great plenty of power after you get rid of the cat and it has most all the pro-saw features and all I cant see anyone going wrong with either a 357 or a 359 for a 60cc Husky saw fwtw just money is about it.

Kansas

I have a brand new 359 or darn near new been used 2-3 times maybe and its just about as heavy as my 372 just like danrclem said thats why I dont use it I will pick up my 346 now over my 372 even for 90% of my work.

It (the 359) runs great plenty of power after you get rid of the cat and it has most all the pro-saw features and all I cant see anyone going wrong with either a 357 or a 359 for a 60cc Husky saw fwtw just money is about it.

Kansas
That's the big problem when you have CAD is what saw to use. I could get by fine with the modded 2152 I bet it's the same or better than a 2153/NE346 or use my Modded 359 nipping at the heels of any 70cc saw or use the 7900 for the rare big wood I cut, or use old Faith full 3.7EB backed up with the 295/4620 or 2520, Or for old time sake I take the big 105 with a short bar and the little EB :dizzy:Ah it don't matter I can fill truck and trailer pretty fast with any saw combo always take two! Sometime I have to explain to the others why I chose the other one lol.others means the other saw's don't want to upset them.Oh can't forget the old homey sxl 12 I take that if cutting with my brother and his 62 GMC and old pioneer. Although it is much newer than his pioneer or truck it just fit's in lol.

That's the big problem when you have CAD is what saw to use. I could get by fine with the modded 2152 I bet it's the same or better than a 2153/NE346 or use my Modded 359 nipping at the heels of any 70cc saw or use the 7900 for the rare big wood I cut, or use old Faith full 3.7EB backed up with the 295/4620 or 2520, Or for old time sake I take the big 105 with a short bar and the little EB :dizzy:Ah it don't matter I can fill truck and trailer pretty fast with any saw combo always take two! Sometime I have to explain to the others why I chose the other one lol.others means the other saw's don't want to upset them.Oh can't forget the old homey sxl 12 I take that if cutting with my brother and his 62 GMC and old pioneer. Although it is much newer than his pioneer or truck it just fit's in lol.

Lol yup that is the problem you are very correct its hard to just pick one or another they are all important for their own special reasons on one day or another a person cant just stop with one seems like. :)

Kansas

I dont have a problem at all with CAD, when cutting firewood I always go for the 262XP :clap:

When it comes to quick work the 5100 is always more than eager

Now this 272XP I just got is going to make things REAL interesting. I havent cut any wood with it but I notice it has almost the exact same muffler as the 262XP, which we all know is a good open muffler as far as stockers go. I should have the 272 worked over by someone, but its so cherry I cant bring myself to do it yet.

If you have the money get the 357, its a lot hotter out of the box. If you like to tinker go with the 359, but its a turd stock and needs a few mods
Do you mean the ones with the cat muffler only, or even the ones with the standard non-cat?

Latest posts

Back