357xp vs. 562xp Autotune???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acab1979

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I want to buy a saw with a 20 in bar currently I am using an 028 with a 20 in bar seems very underpowered. I recently used a 362xp and it was awesome. Which is the better selection 357xp or 562xp? Also how are the autotune carbs good or bad?

I hear that the 562 autotune is an excellent saw, handles nice and runs strong. How they last is not known yet, but likely pretty good. Here in Canada they are closing out the Jonsered 2159 or similar number, but it IS the Husky 357, new with heated handles is $550, very good deal, and the 562 here is going for over $900.

Dave.

I want to buy a saw with a 20 in bar currently I am using an 028 with a 20 in bar seems very underpowered. I recently used a 362xp and it was awesome. Which is the better selection 357xp or 562xp? Also how are the autotune carbs good or bad?

Here in NY they are within $50 of each other. For that difference it is 562 all day long IMO. The 562 is lighter and noticeably stronger than the 357xp.

Here in NY they are within $50 of each other. For that difference it is 562 all day long IMO. The 562 is lighter and noticeably stronger than the 357xp.

Definetly a no brainer there. The 562s that I've ran were all lethal tree killing machines. The 357xp is a good saw, but it's no 562xp thats for sure.

Are there any other saws that would be suggested to run a 20 in bar? I have local Stihl and Husqvarna dealers in my area but the salesmen just bad mouth the other. I guess I don't feel i am getting honest answers.

I have both and love the 357xp.

But the 562xp is smoother, more power and the most impressive stock saw I've ever run!

I'm quite certain it wouldn't be just you, but Husqvarna seems to be dragging its feet here in North America.

I know it would't - but there really are some +/- with each, compared to each other. :msp_biggrin:

The minus with the 560xp is that no suitable TechLite bars are made for it.

I have an 028 super with a 20" bar and it's way underpowered. I can only imagine how much more so a regular 028 is. Try a 16" bar with .325 non-safety chain like Stihl RM, that'll wake that saw up.

Unless it's a couple of hundred less for the 357 I'd go with the 562.

Husky pretty much owns the 60cc world right now with the 562.

But Stihl now seriously owns the 70cc world with the 461 (sorry off topic but had to say it)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. it sure seems that the 562xp is the way to go. Unless there is another saw paired with a 20 in bar that would be better selection?

Thanks for the replies. it sure seems that the 562xp is the way to go. Unless there is another saw paired with a 20 in bar that would be better selection?

Nope, no better selection in a 60cc / 20" bar. Just get one.

Oh and a 20" Tech-Lite bar makes it an even better package.

The 362XP is much closer performance-wise to a 372XP than to a 357XP. I think that you'd be disappointed with the 357 after using the 362XP. I've used all three, and still kick myself for selling that 362XP. I have a 555, which is the same saw as a 562XP with slightly less topend power, and I have been very happy with it. I am sure that you'd be good with the 555 or 562XP.

One last thought would be a Stihl 440 or Husky 372. These are great bucking saws, and a nice match with a 20/24" bar combo. Around here, a 372 is about the same price as a 562. FWIW.

Back