359 husk overheating?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rygel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
one of the companies 359's is having a problem overheating (i guess). What happens is after 10 min of run time it starts to get alittle weak. Thne after maybe 15 min the fuel sounds like its bubbling when you shut it off. Is the any known problems with this?

It sounds like it's suffering from a lean situation. Maybe an air leak. There could already be scoring to the piston. Take the muffler off and see it thepiston is scored. Let us know.
John

Rygel, The saw should idle well and not hesitate when trigger pulled WOT, when not under load High RPM slight 4 cycle. If fins around cylinder are free of chips etc then better have crankcase tested for leaks, probably sucking air past the seals on the crankshaft.

Ok- now a good question. I am working on the saws i can handle. (in case you haven't seen any of my old posts, I'm a mechanic with 12yrs exp. but it was all on cars,trucks and heavy equip.) I'm trying to learn everything about working on the saws (have had fun so far working on them). What do i do to check the case? I have rebuilt 2 359's so far and a few 346xp's so i can figure it out probably. This saw in question i haven't touched so it wouldn't be a problem i caused, just really like to figure it out!
Thanks for the help.

Before I would dig too far into the saw, I'd check simple things like the tank vent. Run it till the power starts to fall off, then carefully remove the fuel cap. If there's a vacuum, it might be the vent.

Did you check if your exhaust is not blocked?a 359 is not an "overheater"usually,begin with simple things like muffler,clean fins and starter cover,not too lean mixture and finally a pressure test could be in order,but if you got a steady idle,i dont think you need a pressure test.

Back