• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 359 Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
359 that needs carb work or maybe a new carb, won't tune for me.
Bought with another saw, both came from a rental company you can see the engraved name on the tank/handle/footrest in one of the pictures.
225 plus shipping.
Thanks Brett.
20170801_183255.jpg 20170801_183312.jpg 20170801_183406.jpg 20170801_183454.jpg 20170801_183512.jpg

Never even looked at the yr.
I figured someone would mod the muffler and take care of the clamp(probably the metal one as I didn't make a note of it being plastic/ needing replaced, I'd guess a 199 on the carb with the way it's acting.
I'm also guessing it's a later model 359 and that it's the cat muffler.
I'll look in a bit.

I've never ran a 359..... but I've fixed a few for folks me they seem like a dandy of a machine :)
I have lol, I've had many of them thru the yrs, my favorite underdog saw.
Well built, great torque curve, very good price, one of the best firewood saw out there, sure beats an ms290 or a 455 rancher :yes:.

I have lol, I've had many of the thru the yrs, my favorite underdog saw.
Well built, great torque curve, very good price, one of the best firewood saw out there, sure beats an ms290 or a 455 rancher :yes:.

I did finally Land a nice closed port 55..... prettt disappointed. So I'm still searching for that little saw that could... I'll try the 359:yes:

I did finally Land a nice closed port 55..... prettt disappointed. So I'm still searching for that little saw that could... I'll try the 359:yes:
What's wrong with the CP 55, they have a nice little grunt, just not all the features of the 3 series saws.
I've got a couple, the one has never been opened up and has 175 plus PSI, all stock:sweet:.

What's wrong with the CP 55, they have a nice little grunt, just not all the features of the 3 series saws.
I've got a couple, the one has never been opened up and has 175 plus PSI, all stock:sweet:.

Nothing wrong with it...... it's a smooth little saw. I think I expected fireworks..... it does have a little more grunt than an open port.

Mine was built from a CP piston I found.... and an AM piston from "little red barn". 155# compression.

Nothing wrong with it...... it's a smooth little saw. I think I expected fireworks..... it does have a little more grunt than an open port.

Mine was built from a CP piston I found.... and an AM piston from "little red barn". 155# compression.
I totally understand that. I had that when I bought a 261c version 2, thought I'd be selling all my little huskys after all the reviews and it loosing weight. I was not really impress with the power(yes it was broken in, sure some fanboy will say it wasn't), the handling for me personally didn't make it feel any lighter, but actually heavier than a 550. I figured whats the point and sold it within a couple weeks of getting it which I very rarely do even with farm ranch saws.
I find the more saws you run the fewer that really stand out heads above the rest in any cc range/weight class, just how it is I guess.
That's pretty low compression if mine that's never been opened and hasn't been run much in a long time has 20 more PSI, that being said I've heard many say the OP isn't far behind the CP and most wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but I've only ran a few OP 55's and it wasn't when I had the CP so I can't make much comparison personally.

Back