359 Muffler Mod on Non-Cat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stmale

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello I am the new guy.

I am purchasing a new 359 that is on closeout at a dealer. He carries both Stihl and Husky saws but the Husky rep in this area has disappeared and the dealers are not buying any more saws. Only Lows and Tractor Supply will have husky saws in stock here.

With that being said this closeout saw was manufactured sometime in 04. It has the green cap so it is probably an e-tech.

My question is if i purchase the non-cat muffler p.n. 503917501 from turfequipmentparts.com for $33 will this provide me with peak performance or will I still need to do the Modification?

I mainly work on diesels and 4-strokes. The 2-cycle is still new to me. I understand the principal but only en ought to be dangerous.

if you want the most performance, the muffler mod is still the way to go. a modified muffler does not only benefit the newer saws, it will help out a saw of any age or make. even on say a husky 2100 or stihl 056 Mag II, you can get more out of it safely. now if you really want the most and still have the full life of the saw, go for a woods port mod :)

Back