359 mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minkota1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Howdy folks, this is my first post, been reading through them for a while now, really neat stuff here, learned a ton already. My question is, been thinking about mods on a new 359 e-tech, will a muffler from a non e-tech 359 fit? they look the same. Figured if anybody would know, it would be you guys! Been researching through the threads, lots of good stuff, but I would like any in put you folks might want to give since I'm a relative newbie, Thanks for your time!:)

Got an O/A torch ? if so then u can mod the cat muffler. ( just dont pull the oxy trigger to cut - let it feed with pre heat ) :cheers:

Howdy Rspike, thanks for the reply, no doubt there's much for me to learn but my reason for the question is that I've been looking at buying a muffler to mod so that I dont mess with the original, (being under warranty and all) All the threads talk about non-cat mufflers trapping much less heat, so I thought if I could get one I'd be better off, but I don't know if one will fit on an e-tech or not. If all an e-tech is is a cat muffler and a green fuel cap, then it shouldn't be a problem, but my luck usually doesn't run that way! Thanks again for your time!

I dont know about the 359 but i have a 2001 346xp non-cat non-e~tech saw and i also have a 2005 346Xp etech with the cat muffler.( ha , had the cat muffler ) The only difference with the mufflers was the front mount on the cat mounted at two points on the base of the saw and the 2001 only mounted at one spot. I could of switched them around from saw to saw if i needed . I would say the 350 & 353 are the same but are unsure of the 359. Dan

Howdy again, sure do appreciate you taking the time to check this out, decided to get another cat muffler and see what I can do with it. Another thread talked about Rich Hoffman being the man to talk too about getting it modded, but I have no idea about how to contact him, just have to figure it out myself I guess! should be fun! If there's any advice specific to cat muffler mods, I'd love to here it. Thanks

Hello again, thanks Husky nut for the info, I PM'd you, Rich Hoffman PM'd me, but the address he gave doesn't go anywhere for me:confused: I would like to contact all you folks and talk with you about modding my muffler. If you'd like, my email is [email protected] Thanks again!:)

Back