359 port timing numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks David, I think I am going to finish the transfers, bevel ports and put her back together and try it then.
I'm happy that I did it to this cylinder and not the one I'm fully rebuilding and waiting on parts for as my other cylinder is mint.
This is my first one that I ported and lesson learned on the intake, widening the port same as exhaust doesn't work.
won't do that again.
what exactly happens when you have to much degree of intake anyway?????
One more thing should I use my new meteor piston or put the new hultz chinese after market one in.

Typically spit back through the carb and lazy acceleration. Also it lowers the base compression so it can affect scavenging and top end performance. If you want a glass of water you want it full overfilling does nothing. I would have tried it at 78.5. More is not always better.

Your porting looks terrific but it is upside down in my opinion. think of the support the ring has in different directions. also you want the port to open asap. Marinate on that for a while my nubile saw widdler.

Your porting looks terrific but it is upside down in my opinion. think of the support the ring has in different directions. also you want the port to open asap. Marinate on that for a while my nubile saw widdler.
I was told to keep the same shape on the exhaust, I did as mush as I could

you did well don't get me wrong but you also widened the port a lot from what the factory had. port shapes are a funny thing. Round will probably get the best ring life, Square maximizes timing, Oval is a great compromise look at a husky 2100 intake and exhaust port. if the oval is offset I would have it open first and taper down nice and round. basically flip that beautiful port 180 degrees.

your port does look great once again nice finish!

David

you did well don't get me wrong but you also widened the port a lot from what the factory had. port shapes are a funny thing. Round will probably get the best ring life, Square maximizes timing, Oval is a great compromise look at a husky 2100 intake and exhaust port. if the oval is offset I would have it open first and taper down nice and round. basically flip that beautiful port 180 degrees.

your port does look great once again nice finish!

David
Ah I see what your talking about the other cylinder i have for the other 359 I'm doing I should file upwards when I open up the port

yeah to be clear think of a capital D laying on its side you want the flat near the comb chamber and the curve near the base

its your horse ride it any way you want to.. :)

I am not familiar with 1184 is it an rtv type product?

I have used ultimate copper high temp rtv with great luck it also helps with the muffler bolts staying in place.

Latest posts

Back