• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 361 or 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Looking to buy.

Had my nice 361 Arctic stolen Sunday and need to replace it. Doesn't need to be an Arctic, would be nice though.

Would consider trading an 036 (plus $$)

I had it by the conveyor on my processor in my log yard. They also stole a 5 gal can of gas.
I came in Monday and my little gas can I keep bar oil in was sitting by the skid steer (was parked near my processor). I thought that was odd, asked around if anyone had put it there... nope.
Ok, whatever.
Went to cut some wood... huh, where's my saw?!

It was my favorite saw too, I was going to send it out to get ported once my 460 comes back.

Get yourself another 361 , the 362 is a dead lump of a saw in my opinion .
Good evening Treeswinger, I like your avatar :).
The first gen 362 is what made the 361 the legend it is, it was a turd of a saw. The later ones were good saws and the newest gens are very good and when considering the cost of the two you are getting a great newer saw for just a little more than the 361's sell for.

The first gen 362 is what made the 361 the legend it is, it was a turd of a saw. The later ones were good saws and the newest gens are very good and when considering the cost of the two you are getting a great newer saw for just a little more than the 361's sell for.

Never had any issues with my 362...for all the bashing this saw gets:rolleyes:. Very reliable. Not M Tronic though.

Not as nimble as the 361 & a bit on the fat arse side though

Forget the 362 & get the 562 or 2260, which are better all arounds saws imo

Just my bushel of bs worth

Right on Mark :rock:, Actually a 555 will keep right up with the 361 :yes:.
I did sell the 562, not sure I told you, got what I planned on as well:dancing:.
Just don't use that cc range that much, Brett. Plus it was too nice to run & I don't need anymore of those;) I can't even sell the new ones
I haven't run yet,lol

The 036/360/361/362 series has been perfect for me. Not overly heavy and the power is decent.

I mostly use the saws to limb and shorten long logs for the processor.

New 362 is 750 at the dealer (non arctic). Ebay is getting $450+shipping for pretty beat ones.

Hi ,
Must admit I haven't tried the latest 362 , reason being I bought a Husky 560 which at the time I felt was light years ahead of the 362 I had on demo .
Note to self !! Must try new 362 and report .

Bought a 362. I didn't feel the eBay us3d ones at ~500 where worth it.

I ran out of saws today. My ported 360 quit running, have maybe 8-10 hours on it total. Lasted 1/4 tank today.
I may as well have burned that money for porting, he was on here too.

My 036 runs, barely, needs new rings. My 460 is out getting ported.

Latest posts

Back