361 rpm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14,000 is the max on a 361 as stated by Stihl..
So, just outta curiousity, what would be the ideal working operating RPM's?
I am thinking that a lot of these max RPM figures are beyond/over the torque hump, ie. my 270 will rev 14,500 but its max power is around 13,500+/-, so I guess what I'm askin' is if it is okay to tune the machine down a bit to take advantage of this or is it better to keep it tuned to its potential high RPM and let the work it does take care of the rest? Does this Q make any sense?
Just wondering. :)

:cheers:

Serge

You always need to make fine adjustments after setting the saw with a tach. The stopwatch won't lie and having it set at the max rpm does not mean it is holding good rpms in the cut.

My 361 actually ran the best at 14,280 - with an 8-pin and 36RSC, 15".

I got a bit scared , and turned it down to 14,080 - but from what I have learned later, I will turn it up again.......

I'm just curious if anyone is using a tach/data collector to test their saw while they're cutting. The tach would fit in your pocket with a wire to the saw and record the data. Then you could download it to a computer and graph it out. Is there anything out there like that? If your carefull it wouldn't be too dangerous.

That is the one Brad bought and he likes it. I want to get that model when funds allow. He said the refreash rate is almost instant.

That is the one Brad bought and he likes it. I want to get that model when funds allow. He said the refreash rate is almost instant.

.5 sec..

i like the max hold feature too.

Latest posts

Back