361 Shootout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberwolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Have 2 361s and a 361BB on hand so thinking of comparing muffler mods along this line and also the BB vs factory cylinder and piston.

Hope to get some dyno and flow bench numbers as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
One thing with the 361 filter is the whole exhaust gets pushed through one small hole in the funnel shaped piece of junk that was pulled out. Very restrictive and a lot of changes in direction and shape of flow.

Thanks TW, Am very glad to here this :)

I am on my 2nd 361 and it's just now getting broken in.
I saved my 361 MM muffler from 1st 361 and was planing
on doing some testing my self to see if my MM really made
any difference or an I just making more noise.
I have the new muffler to switch out with this one.

But from things you have said I need to remove the muffler guts. correct?

attachment.php

attachment.php

TT

Your muffler mod will be getting past some of the restriction but the flow will still need to pass through the basket at the inlet of the muffler so there is some potential restriction.

Your muffler mod will be getting past some of the restriction but the flow will still need to pass through the basket at the inlet of the muffler so there is some potential restriction.

I was surprised that very little exhaust now comes out of the org port.

Also I guess it's on my end but your pic show up as X
TT

All the MM I've done on 361s turn them into another saw. Those have got to be in the top 5 of "most choked up saws".:dizzy: I bet they gain a bit more w/o the internals.:clap:

I remember that Andy used to say that the basket had enough (and large enough) holes to not matter, but I always was a bit sceptical about that.

It is a pity that you probably can't include a stock Euro 361 into your test, but I look forward to the results anyway! :)

OOO, a TW thread!! cool. Here is the pics. See if I can help here.

Question for ya TW, are you tig welding your mufflers? Last time I did a muffler was the first time with my new tig, and I had a hell of a time cause the filler was too thick, couldn't find any thinner. So I haven't tried it yet but was going to try to use some mig wire as filler since its sooo much smaller. What do you use?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OOO, a TW thread!! cool. Here is the pics. See if I can help here.

Question for ya TW, are you tig welding your mufflers? Last time I did a muffler was the first time with my new tig, and I had a hell of a time cause the filler was too thick, couldn't find any thinner. So I haven't tried it yet but was going to try to use some mig wire as filler since its sooo much smaller. What do you use?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

No pics yet that I can see. TW great work, but couldn't you have had the common decency to have showcased a Husky! Lol;)
John

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back