362xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishandFarm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the 362xp? I can't seem to find much info on it. How does is compare to the 357xp and 372xp? I can find it cheaper than either of those two. Is the 372xp worth $200 more new?

If you can get one for $200 less than a 372, then grab it. These saws are much closer in performance than anyone would suspect. The only people who don't believe it are those that have never actually run both saws. The 372 will show an advantage in larger wood, but for average cutting it's awful close. And the 362 will run right past a 357. Sounds like a good deal.

Also, welcome to the site, and have fun!

I just bought a 346xp today (waiting to get it shipped in) and already have a 55 I bought new 9 years ago. The 55 was fine for what I needed when I bought it, but I find myself in the woods a lot more now.

I haven't gotten a chance to try the 346xp on anything yet but have been looking around to see in case I need something bigger what was out there.

I mostly cut 12-24" beech, maple, birch and red oak for firewood - a lot of which is dead standing. Sometimes bigger, and a lot of limbing. I went with the 346 because of it's low weight and I was going to wait a while before I bought another one. But if the 362 is such a good deal at $515 - then I might have to add that to the credit card also and sell the 55.
:greenchainsaw:

go for it

I have a 362xp. It's a good saw. the new ones are built on the same case as the 372xp. I think it is the same basic saw except for the piston and cylinder. I've been happy with mine. For the money, I agree it is a good buy. Mine will handle a 24 inch bar without too much trouble if the chain is sharp and you let it ride in the cut.I have cut some big red oaks and white oaks (36 inchers) with that setup without any problems.

The only issue with the 362xp is the power to weight ratio - personally I wouldn't want the weight and bulk of the 372xp, without all the power - at least not in the woods......

If the deal is really good - just get it - you can put a 372 engine on it later, if needed.

Just make sure it is one of the newer ones, with large Husky bar mount etc.

Last edited:
I have owned all of the Jonsered versions 2163(362), 2165(365), 2171(372) and here's the way I see it. The 2163 revs for power, the 2165 lugs for power and the 2171 does both. From what you said I think any of them would work good for you.

I just bought a 346xp today (waiting to get it shipped in) and already have a 55 I bought new 9 years ago. The 55 was fine for what I needed when I bought it, but I find myself in the woods a lot more now.

I haven't gotten a chance to try the 346xp on anything yet but have been looking around to see in case I need something bigger what was out there.

I mostly cut 12-24" beech, maple, birch and red oak for firewood - a lot of which is dead standing. Sometimes bigger, and a lot of limbing. I went with the 346 because of it's low weight and I was going to wait a while before I bought another one. But if the 362 is such a good deal at $515 - then I might have to add that to the credit card also and sell the 55.
:greenchainsaw:

Not a bad idea, a good running 55 always gets $200+ on eBay. However I cant do that to my 55, it runs so good I will keep it forever. With a muffler mod and 3/8 chain the 55 wont be that far behind the 346.

Anyways $500 is a good deal for a 362XP. As Troll said, at $600, the 362 is too close to the 372 to not go for the extra cc's. I run a 18" bar on my 262XP for firewood, but in a pinch it would have no problem running a 24". I would definitely do a muffler mod on the 362 if you do get one, it will help a lot with a bigger bar.

The only issue with the 362xp is the power to weight ratio - personally I wouldn't want the weight and bulk of the 372xp, without all the power - at least not in the woods......

If the deal is really good - just get it - you can put a 372 engine on it later, if needed.

Just make sure it is one of the newer ones, with large Husky bar mount etc.

Anyone know what year the 362xp was introduced and was it available with either .325 or 3/8 gauge small mount bar in that year? Are the most recent models strictly 3/8 large bar mount? From what I have gathered 2007 is the final year for this model.
:cry:

Jonsered 670S 670C 630 630 2050 2065
Husqvarna 254xp 257 61 61Slovenia 357xp 261

The pitch of the chain has nothing to do with the bar mount.

To answer your question...... the first ones were small, but for the last couple of years they are big husky mount.

Fred

Are swedish chicks hotter than german chicks?

two words - Heidi Klum

that is one hot :censored:

The swedish saws are definately hotter - and I really appreciate the analogy - but I know more hot German chicks than Swedish chicks.

Now only if Russia made a decent saw - 'cause the chicks are on fire hot:angry2:

of course I have to say that being engaged to a Russian chick :cheers:

Russian chicks? Any hot Russian chicks get shipped out as mail order brides, and the hardy ones stay and make lots of babies

Any Swedish chick that is ugly just has a sex change into a man, and then he uses a Redmax

Latest posts

Back