365 bar size

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Brushcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi

Had a Husky 365 with a 20" bar on it. I'm got some big bits of Oak that i'd like to cut into slices with one cut.

In the 365 manual it says that it will take a 28" bar however when i rang up my local suplier he said that a 28" bar wasn't on the 365s part list. He said that it only went to 24". If i ran it with a 28" bar it would destroy the saw because its only 60cc.

I'm no expert on saw engine size to bar ratio so wich is true and what do you put on your 365's?

Thanks

Andy

24" on a 365 cutting oak might be pushing it already. If I were you, I'll stick with the 20" that you have.

Tell your "supplier" he is full of BS... I bought my Husky 365 last year with a Husqvarna 28" bar on it, and have been using it for bucking etc since then. No you will not "destroy the saw" putting a 28" bar on it. I will admit that on a saw that size, you will rarely actually NEED that long of a bar, and a 24 is usually plenty, but thats your business.

I wouldn't do it all the time but you can run a 28" bar on that saw. It is 65 cc's, not 60. It wont exactly be a screamer with that size bar on it in hardwood, but it will do the job. I used to own a 365 and it does really well with a 20" bar and is even ok with a 24".

Mine has a 24" on it and it is just perfect! Great saw! I could run a 28" but in hardwood it would be a bit slower. Not 60 cc but 65cc. Open up the muffler and they really scream...adds a bit more umph. What else has the "supplier" told you??

dont touch your rakers for quite a few filings on a new chain. When the bar is a bit on the long side and the wood is hard keep the rakers up around 20 to 22 thou clearance and the chain absolutely sharp. Turn your oiler up to max. You wont want to lean on the saw, but it will handle the longer bars mentioned.

It will run a 28" if you don't lean on it just like Crofter said. Your dealer is on crack, Husky saws all accept the same 3/8 bars. I can put 18", 24", 36" bars on my 371, 372, 394 interchangably. 371 and 372 saws are almost the same a 365s.

All husky saws from the 61 through the 3120 use the oregon D009 mount. I like that about Elux saws, you can switch a bar from one saw in the larger classes to another without having to keep a different mounting bar on hand.

Thanks all. I was sure that it would take a 28" bar because its got a CE rating at that size. Lost a lot of confidence in the local dealer when i tried to buy a sharpening kit.

Try running the 28" bar with a skip or semi skip chain. There will be less cutters in the wood at the same time, this will help keep the rpms up in the power band.

corey

Latest posts

Back