365 Husky Running Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dads 365 will rev up to 9900 rpms then it sounds like it isn't going to get any higher in the rpms. After about 4 seconds it will then continue to rev right up to 12500 rpms. What would cause it to do this? Old gas or could it be it needs a carb rebuild. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

How does it do when cutting though?....Some Husky's have a free rev retard in the ignition that cuts it back unless the engine is under load...And are you revving this thing with or without a bar and chain on it...The engine speeds that are advertized are "free" rpm's,without a bar or chain.

Dads 365 will rev up to 9900 rpms then it sounds like it isn't going to get any higher in the rpms. After about 4 seconds it will then continue to rev right up to 12500 rpms. What would cause it to do this? Old gas or could it be it needs a carb rebuild. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like a carb issue - if correctly adjusted it should get right to 13k rpm, I believe - take it to the dealer if you are not capable of doing it yourself.....

...and don't tell him, he is in for a surprice........:rockn: :rockn:

It does have the B&C when I'm tuning it. The saw in question is about seven years old maybe even a little older than that. It doesn't have the limiter caps. If rebuilding the carb (Zama) isn't too difficult I would try to do it on my own for him.

when I read the workshop manuals for the 372,357 and 346 the carb adjustment is with bar and chain on, well thats how I understand it anyway !?!?

SawTroll, is THIS the carb you're talking about? Baileys has the carb listed as Walbro HD-12-1. My owners manual for my 365 has the carb listed as Walbro HD12B. Is there a difference? ;)

Latest posts

Back