365 or 371K top end?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Reaction score
I have a near new 365 here that has a scored piston. I also have a 371K parts saw with a good top end. I have heard rumors that the concrete saws have different port timing than the chainsaws. I could not find a 371K IPL to check the P/N's. I'm thinking that I should put the 371K cylinder on the 365. What's the word from the Husky experts? Yes, they're both round-spigot intake cylinders.

I know that the 372K cylinder is a definate NO. The exhaust is ported so much lower that you couldn't even raise it up where it needs to be without running out of port wall. It's designed to run at a much lower RPM. I think you'd better stick with a chainsaw cylinder.

Are you sure that's not a 372XPW with the 75cc cylinder? I've heard them referred to before as a 375.
It is a 375K concrete cylinder , the 372xpw wasn't even out when this saw was built. Using the concrete cylinder was the only choice back then.

I know that the 372K cylinder is a definate NO. The exhaust is ported so much lower that you couldn't even raise it up where it needs to be without running out of port wall. It's designed to run at a much lower RPM. I think you'd better stick with a chainsaw cylinder.

Try to stick with what you know. You can read anything on the internet if you look hard enough but passing it on as if you have actual firsthand experience is probably not a good idea.

Try to stick with what you know. You can read anything on the internet if you look hard enough but passing it on as if you have actual firsthand experience is probably not a good idea.

The factory does not port the 375K cylinder to make the 375XPW saw. The cylinders are totally different. It's not even possible to port a 375K cylinder to the same timing as a ported 375XPW because the roof of the exhaust is so much lower on the 375K cylinder and there's not enough meat there to raise it that high. I've ported both and know from experience.

It's hard to find a better source than Jacob J. LINK

Gentlemen:
The 371K and 372XP have the same cylinder and piston, part#503 93 93-72, now the 375K and 372XPW do not share the same cylinder, but they do share the same piston,rings, & etc.
Hope this clarifies any confusion.

B200Driver:
Just put the K model cylinder and piston on the saw and don't look back, don't use the ignition or carburetor off of the K saw, as they are very different, also if the 365 has the zama carburetor on it, you will need a HD 12carburetor in order to make it a true 372XP. :chainsaw:

Here is the IPL:http://www.jonsered.ws/375K.pdf

They are different part numbers for the 371XP and 371K. That's all I know.

Thanks, PB. I was afraid of that. I'm going to give 'er a go anyway. Probably leave it stock and break in, and then do a woods port.

Gentlemen:
The 371K and 372XP have the same cylinder and piston, part#503 93 93-72, now the 375K and 372XPW do not share the same cylinder, but they do share the same piston,rings, & etc.
Hope this clarifies any confusion.

B200Driver:
Just put the K model cylinder and piston on the saw and don't look back, don't use the ignition or carburetor off of the K saw, as they are very different, also if the 365 has the zama carburetor on it, you will need a HD 12carburetor in order to make it a true 372XP. :chainsaw:

Sorry B200Driver, AZlogger is right. I was looking at EPA and non-EPA parts listed in the IPL's. I was also looking at the 371XP IPL and they show a different number than the 372.

What's the better muffler? I have the tube style (371K,) and the rear exit 365 style. Whichever one I use will have some work done to it in time.

372XP-372K Myth!

I had this very same question about a month ago and posted on a very reputable forum with the same question. At the time I port mapped a 372xp cylinder and a 372K cylinder.

I attached the port mapping numbers for others to view. The numbers are slightly different and some calculation difference is partially from measurement discrepancies. The paper I was using had a slight bow in the top possibly giving measurement a few thousandths short or long.

The end result is: The cylinders are the same!

371k P/C works fine for saws... I did a swap myself a couple years back and loved it... Great torque..

Latest posts

Back