365 Special questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Fir

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a new 365 Special. I know this saw is a bit different than the straight up 365, but can someone tell me the most significant differences / improvements? I do know that the Special is closed port vs. the 365's open port and have been told this is a lot better, but don't know why that is so. Can someone explain this for me. Why does this saw not make the XP grade? Is it because of porting differences? In reading spec. sheet comparisons, I don't see all that much difference bewteen it and, say, the 362XP, except for the obvious cc's and air filter.

I've also been told that this saw has a better carb. on it vs. the 365 not-so- special as well. And lastly, I already ordered the HD air filter cover upgrade for the saw. Will this make any noticable difference in throttle response?

I love the saw as is, don't get me wrong ( except for the standard air filter ;) ) and from what I've read so do most, I'm just a "why" kid and like to pick the brains of people who really know what they're talking about.

Latest posts

Back