365 Special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a new Husqvarna 365 Special and the starter cord won't retract unless you loosen the screws that hold the recoil to the saw a little. I tried the recoil off my 362xp and it does the same thing, won't retract. My assumption is the starter pawls are just a hair too long. I hate to touch the ends with the dremel, it should work the way it is. The flywheel appears to be seated all the way and the plastic dust gaurd is in place where it should be. The saw is an 2004 but has never been used to cut wood. Although it does appear that it has been started at least once because the muffler is oily.
I already double checked all the screws for tightness. I will try the pawls off the 362xp on the 365 before I get too carried away.

I can't just pull my hair out, I'm bald! :jawdrop:

The pulley is probably the wrong one,too long and it touch the flywheel and pawls slightly.I dont haver part number close.I think they had two different pulley models.

Grease the shaft the assembly spins on, if it's still sticking, slightly file the hole a bit with a chainsaw file. Take the assembly off slowly or the spring will burst out and it's a pita to wind back in

Back