365 toasted (again) after rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
live and learn i guess

looked like it caught a ring till i saw the cyl.

yikes!:(

oem next time?
new piston i will be back in saddle i will take dremel do a little work on exhaust just to be sure it dont happen again

any type of warranty on that bb kit? thought they were sposed to be good. bad casting on the piston? alway's wondered about aftermarket p&c's never had any luck with them on my honda cr's look's about the same in the chainsaw world. too bad about that. nice dismantle on the saw, very neat and organized.

yes i think their is one year but

any type of warranty on that bb kit? thought they were sposed to be good. bad casting on the piston? alway's wondered about aftermarket p&c's never had any luck with them on my honda cr's look's about the same in the chainsaw world. too bad about that. nice dismantle on the saw, very neat and organized.
i am going to put oem piston back in it

By pics,i see you modify exhaust.I dont see bevel on top of your exhaust port,or maybe its only pic angle.You need some kinda of bevel because rings will catch up in port.Or could be caused because ex port is too large.Ring ends were on intake side,right?

That does not look like the result of lean seize. Can you get some pics of the exhaust port square on from the outside and also from the inside showing the port chamfering?

Howdy,
Grab what's left of one of the rings and try to bend it. If it bends, it had the correct rings. If it breaks, it's a ring problem. Those parts do have a 1 year warranty and we'll help you any way we can.
Gregg

never did anything to raise or lower ports

By pics,i see you modify exhaust.I dont see bevel on top of your exhaust port,or maybe its only pic angle.You need some kinda of bevel because rings will catch up in port.Or could be caused because ex port is too large.Ring ends were on intake side,right?
i would say bailys will take care of it i will have to take some more pictures and send them to bailys they are pretty good about this kind of thing

i know you guys are pretty good about this stuff

Howdy,
Grab what's left of one of the rings and try to bend it. If it bends, it had the correct rings. If it breaks, it's a ring problem. Those parts do have a 1 year warranty and we'll help you any way we can.
Gregg
thanks

Latest posts

Back