365EC put to the test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a little workout, trying to break the saw in today. Cut down a maple, little punky in the middle. Anyway I'll let some pics and vids do the talking.

The stump. It's all about presentation :)
ab3a739f.jpg

Who doesn't like noodles?
0b14f4f9.jpg

The 136 threw some ok chips for a quick grind of the chain, 91VXL Oregon chain.
cc5ba484.jpg

This isn't the norm, but I was able to quickly grab some of these chips that came from the 365. I was surprised to say the least as I wasn't really confident about the chain I had as I had been messing around with a new grinder wheel. I guess it turned out ok :lol:
8b3e4934.jpg

Forgot where the 365 was when I cut a few cookies with the 136.
f3323592.jpg

Cutting a few to length.

Cutting a few cookies.

All cutting with the 365 was done with an 8-pin. The saw was ported by ECSaws. Couldn't be happier with the results, I've got about 3-4 tanks through it so far. Looking forward to a complete break in and will post some updates as it goes. I'd like to at some point get a few timed cuts.

I went out to a mates place a few weeks ago and he was cutting up a stringy (hardwood) with his bone stock 365. It's been so long since I've heard a stock saw of this chassis. Man was it slow and boring! Took forever. So to those that love these stock, yes they are good saws but once you run a nicely modified one, how could you ever go back? Phil loves his, but he hasn't run anything else and it has cut a mountain of wood in the twenty odd years he's had it.

Nice job Eric.

Back