365x-torq vs. 372xp vs. 576xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabeasawman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK gentlemen, here we go.

Thought I had settled on the 365x-torq as it runs $200 less than the 372xp. But according to Husq website, 365 weighs 14.1 lbs while the 372 weighs 13.4 lbs????? To further complicate matters, the 576xp weighs 14.55 lbs, not much more than the 365, and costs about as much as the 372.

So if you are going to buy the 372 because it weighs less(which I don't necessarily believe), and are going to pay the extra $200, and were willing to live with the weight of the 365, then shouldn't you get the 576 and have the extra power?

Alright, have at it.

Last edited:
OK, so if 372 weighs same as 365, which is only 7 ounces less than the 576, then is 576 the best choice:msp_confused:.

The 576 Autotune is a nice, powerful, well built saw. However it's noticeably larger and heavier than the 372/365. For the money I'd grab a 365 xtorq and tweak it a little to make it a full blown 372.

The 576 is around 15 lbs or a little more depending on which spikes are on it. The 365 x torq is 71 cc like the 372 x torq. The 576 autotune is real strong for a stock saw.

OK, have settled on the 365x-torq.

Now the question is, what is the longest bar you can run in Oak?

Am thinking 28" with skip chain. Any other opinions?

That's a bit long on as stock 365, although the skip chain helps. I say 24" is about right for the power. Now with a LITTLE work it will pull a 28" B&C just fine.

365 and 372 weigh the same, 576 weighs a bit more.

Seems no printed weights are correct. :D

Not in this case, but everything points at the 372! :D

I guess there are something in the future, that may make both obsolete though.....

Last edited:
I have had a 365xt for a few months and have run a 20, a 24, & a 28 on it. I have cut several cookies with the 28 from a fallen tree that was too big to cut from one side with the 24 and it cuts fine. I currently have the 24 on it, but will go back to the 28 if I get another tree too big for the 24. This was with full comp chain. The skip should make it easier.

I have been wishing for another saw lately and the 365XT is the only saw on my list. Still cant believe the mis advertised cc displacement various sellers claim on this saw. Even our beloved Baileys advertises this 365XT at 65cc's, seen a few fleabay sellers do the same. Bang for the buck its a winner on paper.

http://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?SKW=hvf%20365&catID=12459

Last edited:
The husky product catalog for 2011 did a very poor job also. One place it shows the specs for the 365 and one place they have specs for the new 365xt with the hp specs of the 372xt.

Did a Yahoo search for "Husqvarna 365x-torq horsepower" and all that came up was a website in what I think is Italian.

Anyway, from what I could decipher not being fluent is that the x-torq is 4.9 hp. Only place I could find it.

Think I finally found it.

According to Husqvarna UK website the 365x-torq is 4.9 hp and the 372XP x-torq is 5.5 hp, both with 70.7cc.

Why can't Husqvarna USA website be updated like this?

Think I finally found it.

According to Husqvarna UK website the 365x-torq is 4.9 hp and the 372XP x-torq is 5.5 hp, both with 70.7cc.

Why can't Husqvarna USA website be updated like this?

It's believed that their webmaster jumped off the roof of the building because he couldn't get a straight answer on anything

I have the Operators manual to my 372XT.....after looking at it I wish I'd got the 365....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If you have not purchased the 365 yet take it from someone that buys a lot of saw's and go with the 372. If you ever fall on hard times just having the 372 model will have a much higher resale value than the 365.

Back