576xp or 562xp AT Help me decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pijetro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all..Just a bit of background.
I'm a weekend warrior, with 2 saws that were stolen from me that need replacing.
Husky 245 and 365 SE.

I was thinking of purchasing a 562xp AT for about $800 Canadian which is a fantastic price up here ($899msrp). The reasoning was, that this would be good for limbing and larger pieces. 2 in 1 saw.

I have just purchased a Stihl 180c just to get me through some of my smaller stuff temporarily..

Here's my dilemma. I can get my hands on a brand new 576xp for $699..

So do i keep the baby Stihl, and buy the 576xp, and use both saws,
or just go for the 562xp, and drop the Stihl..

Factors in the 576xp are
1) Being discontinued
2) Doesn't have AT, and it'd cost me $20 to get it properly tuned whever needed
3)Is it still worth the $699, considering everybody swears by the 372xp anyways?
4)Too bulky of a saw for the occasional use I would need.
5)Parts availability

Factors in the 562xp are
1)Is the autotune proven by now?
2)Is the $800 too much for this kind of powerband compared to the 576?
3)Is there more value in the 562xp inch for inch, dollar for dollar than the 576?

I LOVE a good deal, but would never think twice about sacrificing quality for a bit more $..
Thanks.

I sell the 562xp ported for $920

Thanks...
Unfortunately, in Ontario Canada, the gauging is different..We're paying 13% taxes on everything.
Just as of last year or so, big ticket items were usually 15% higher in price than our US friends..
Our dollar has been close to par for several years or so, and we're starting to see a price equalization finally....

I had a 576 Auto-Tune ported and sold it 6 months ago. I still have sellers remorse. It's living a productive live cutting about two semi loads a week. I have the 2260 cousin to the 562. I got it ported from TL. It is not leaving. If you cut big wood=576. Smaller wood 562.
Two of the best saws out there.

576xp AT is a great saw. We just got one with a 24" and it's pretty damn good.
I'm sure the one without the AT is just as great. They are SMOOTH saws!

Thanks...
Unfortunately, in Ontario Canada, the gauging is different..We're paying 13% taxes on everything.
Just as of last year or so, big ticket items were usually 15% higher in price than our US friends..
Our dollar has been close to par for several years or so, and we're starting to see a price equalization finally....
I import my saws into Australia from Terry, but can't comment on import duties etc to canada.
I can say that a ported 562, running a 20" bar, is a phenomenal saw and I would happily have one as my only saw if I didn't need to run a longer bar frequently.
I don't spend all day every day on a saw and don't have the required saw fitness to run anything bigger than the 562 ALL day. If you occasionally cut, but when you do you cut all day, I would recommend the 562.

If you need to run 24" and up bar lengths then the 576 is a better option.

562 xp at all day long how big of wood are you sawing ? 20 and under 562 . 576 larger . Buy a ported one . From wicked worked saws or mastermind and don't look back . Sell the other saw .
Chris

I would think a (eventually ported) 60 cc saw would be about the best overall weekend warrior firewood saw, unless you were in sapling size wood or giant wood all the time.

But you really need a few/several different size saws, in 20 cc or so increments.

562 xp at all day long how big of wood are you sawing ? 20 and under 562 .
That might be the ticket..
I've only needed my 18" bar on my 365 on few occasions, and the 562 should be as good a replacement as any..As much as the 576xp is an amazing deal, I think it might be TOO much saw for my needs...I just hate letting go of a bargain price :)

Considering the price I would take the 576 anyway. Price aside if you want to run a 20" bar get the 562, if you want to run a 20-28" bar get the 576. The 562 is a great do it all saw but for me I would rather have a lighter 50cc saw and a 70cc class saw, 18" and 24" combo does it all here in Maine.

I would think a (eventually ported) 60 cc saw would be about the best overall weekend warrior firewood saw, unless you were in sapling size wood or giant wood all the time.

But you really need a few/several different size saws, in 20 cc or so increments.

There is nothing wrong with 10cc increments, or even less.....;)

Hey all...
Thanks alot for everybody's help..
As practical as the 562xp was, I decided to go with the 576xp non AT..After taxes, and accessories (box, oil mix, greaser, hat), it still ended up cheaper than buying a 562xp..It's a case of my eyes being more hungry than my stomach.

I'll keep you posted on how it handles, but I'm sure this is second hat to most users here.
Once again. Thank you.

Back