371xp-372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have gathered the only differences are the chain adjuster location and the 372 has a semi transparent fuel tank. I believe that most if not all parts will interchange.

I think Niko will tell you that, in addition to what has been mentioned, the 372 case is beefed up around the crankshaft. I have split both, and I can't say that i see it, but that doesn't mean it's not true. The 372 is also slightly heavier (infintesimally) than the 371.

They are essentially the same saw and I have no preference, both are fabulous. It is also common practice to just swap the 372 clutch cover onto a 371 (it has the bits with the adjuster) and yank the adjuster on the 371. As a result, a lot of the used 371s you might buy will already have the 371 adjuster.

The 371/372 is right up there with some of the best saws ever made.

I love both saws but if I had already owned the 371 I would have saved my $600. I know that the 371 weighs a little more but the power difference more that makes up for it.

Well I just bought one with new bearings,seals,oiler gear,fuel line and filter,rebuilt carb and low hour OEM cylinder and piston.I was going to get a 28" bar for my ported 359 but went with a bigger saw.This one will be making a trip in the spring to Ohio to visit Brad Snelling.:chainsaw:

besides the chain adjuster.............

371s had a thinner base gasket.many supposedly blew out and have been replaced.they also had an unlimited coil.i have heard the oiler is not as good as the 372 but i have yet to compare them.

oldirty's should have been bone stock and was damn near new when he got it.ask him how it's holding up.

i have heard the oiler is not as good as the 372 but i have yet to compare them.

interesting you say that. my dad has a 371 thats got alot of miles on it. and its always been given nasty old crankcase oil for bar oil, still oils like it should. just my experience.

i have a 372. running them its hard to tell one from the other. even filed and fuled one before, got sidetracked, picked up the other and fired it up. wondered why it was dull and empty:confused:

attachment.php
attachment.php
interesting you say that. my dad has a 371 thats got alot of miles on it. and its always been given nasty old crankcase oil for bar oil, still oils like it should. just my experience.

i have a 372. running them its hard to tell one from the other. even filed and fuled one before, got sidetracked, picked up the other and fired it up. wondered why it was dull and empty:confused:

The one I am getting has had the oiler gear replaced.I thought there was really no difference in the two saws so I got the rebuilt 371.You have just about the same saws I have now except for the Snellerized 359 I have the 371(on its way),NE346XP and the 336.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back