371XP-EPA or not

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got a Husqvarna 371XP 1998 model that has been completly rebuilt.I was looking at all the parts still available for it at Parts Tree and I was looking at the piston and rings and there are 2 different ones.One is EPA and one isn't.The rings are different sizes,how do you tell if you have the EPA or not?

I just pulled the muffler off(will be doing a muffler mod)and it has 2 rings and the muffler inside is wide open,just a can.Is this EPA?A gutted muffler and 2 rings.

I just pulled the muffler off(will be doing a muffler mod)and it has 2 rings and the muffler inside is wide open,just a can.Is this EPA?A gutted muffler and 2 rings.

Hollow muffler is not EPA.
No EPA muffler was ever produced that I'm aware of.

With your saw this far apart you could go a little further and remove the base gasket.
This and the muffler mod will make her go quite nice.

Hollow muffler is not EPA.
No EPA muffler was ever produced that I'm aware of.

With your saw this far apart you could go a little further and remove the base gasket.
This and the muffler mod will make her go quite nice.

I looked on Partstree.com and the EPA 371 rings say X2(which I have)and the non EPA rings DO NOT have the X2 by it.What does EPA mean as far as rings go?Is that all EPA means on a 371XP,that it has 2 rings instead of 1.I have 2 rings so if I were to order the EPA X2 rings would that be the right choice?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back