372 husqvarna mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryannewton

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wonder have much more power a 372 husqvarna maybe a 272 with mods would have
I haven't seen saw yet but I was told I might be able to pick it up cheap but thats all I know right now

Impressive improvement if done by the right guy. Probably more potential in a 372

Ok
If my memory is correct its a 372
I am wanting something to pull a 36 in bar or a little bigger

Ok I am looking for a saw to mill with
But if I can get that 372 cheap I may do it
The 372 is one hell of a good saw to learn and work on. The simple woods port can give suprising results .
Do like jeeps with 44" mudders !? Who doesn't is the better question? But braking axles and other drive train parts is the trade off for pushing the limits of design and having expectations that don't include minor to major problems is unrealistic.

I would definitely recommend buying it! Either way.
If it's a good price and IF it's note a clone. I tried to find the listing (Local to me) of a guy trying to sell 660 clones for $1200, he must have pulled the listings but there are a ton of knock offs out there. I have a 372OE clone myself that I built but it's basically the case as China and the rest as OEM with the exception of the P/C kit that I am using aftermarket (Mako) until I find the exact port numbers that I want then I will port out the new OEM P/C kits that I have and put on them.

Its going have be a good price and not a clone the local stihl dealer has see it before he's the one who told me about it the guy supposed to bring it to his shop and call me

a 372 is just too small to be milling with to be honest. running a 36" bar on a tuned 372 is one thing but milling is continuous stress. I would not think about anything smaller than a 390/395 for milling. just my thoughts on the matter.
I have milled with my 372, seemed to run ok.

20", some kauri, poplar, willow, macrocarpa.
sorry but the OP specified a 36" bar... there is a huge difference between the two... regardless of wood soft or hard. hell at that differance even the cutter angles on your chain are different... full complement vs skip or semi skip. I can mill 20" with a poulan pro 40 cc POS with the correct full skip chain and 30 0r 40 hours to walk it through a 20" wide log.... use some common sense before spitting out anything that enters you tiny little mind.

Latest posts

Back