372 x-torq pressure testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CREC_Sawyer

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This has turned into way more of a problem for me than it should be.

As most of you know the intake boot and the carb interface on the X-torq saws is made in such a way that it is a huge pain in the a$$ to get a seal for pressure testing. I tried some "creative" solutions that turned out to be a huge waste of time.

I then ordered the "cover plate for the crankcase inlet" (part number 502-54-05-01) only to realize this only fits the old XP models.

Could someone fix me up with the part number for the X-torq version of a 372 (2011+)?

Thanks in advance for all the frustration you'll save me.

When I was at my local Husky dealer a few weeks ago and was ordering some other parts, I asked him to check on prices for the intake and exhaust cover plates for a 365 X-torque.
He was going to check prices for me later but he did give me the following part #s.
intake test flange 578-09-56-01
exhaust block off plate 502-51-61-01
I looked at the dealers' online workshop manual for the 365 X-torque with him but I can't remember if the words "372 X-torque" were included in the title of the manual. I assume the above #'s also apply to the 372 X-torque. If you want to check with a dealer to make sure, it may be relevant to note that he had a hard time finding the manual on line. If I remember correctly (and I'm very hazy on this), I think the manual wasn't listed correctly on the dealer's site and I think he got the info via the Australian version of the dealers site.

CREC_Sawyer

Just an update on your part #s.
I was at my Husky dealer today and looked at his on-line workshop manual again.
The one # I gave in my pevious post was for the exhaust plate is actually the # for a crankshaft extractor.
The title on the workshop manual says that it is for 365 X-Torq, 372 XP X-Torq and 372 XPG X-Torq.
The correct parts are described as: Cover plate inlet 578 09 56-01 and Cover plate exhaust 502 71 39-01.
They just block off the intake and exhaust. Testing is done via the impulse hose.

You are a saint. Crank shaft extractor huh? Sounds like a fun toy but I'll hold off on that for a while, got more than enough to keep me busy.
Appreciate the help

This has turned into way more of a problem for me than it should be.

As most of you know the intake boot and the carb interface on the X-torq saws is made in such a way that it is a huge pain in the a$$ to get a seal for pressure testing. I tried some "creative" solutions that turned out to be a huge waste of time.

I then ordered the "cover plate for the crankcase inlet" (part number 502-54-05-01) only to realize this only fits the old XP models.

Could someone fix me up with the part number for the X-torq version of a 372 (2011+)?

Thanks in advance for all the frustration you'll save me.
yes the part number is............ put a rubber between carb and intake work on most saws

It might be possible but I sure couldn't do it without the cover and I tried everything I could think of.
yes i agree with you, also i am not a person who like make patends i work with proper tools but you can't have everything

Latest posts

Back