372 XP coil wiring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looked at the shop manual and parts diagrams but need some more info on the wiring. This saw didn't come with the blue wire installed so I need to ask where it gets mounted. The kill switch I see has two terminals, seems there is a short black wire already under the recoil cover and would reach the switch. Kill switch has a wire already on it on the new tank assy so is there an extra wire here?

Would the blue wire go from the coil to the other terminal of the kill switch?

The diagram shows two wires being grounded at the same terminal under the recoil cover which is why I ask.

So I have no blue wire and two short black wires.

Also, if someone has a pic of the wiring that would be great...seems I may be missing a plug wire guide

blue wire.......

goes from the coil to the kill switch.black wire goes from kill switch to a screw in saw body right below back of kill switch if i recall correctly.might be the other side.

O.K., thanks...I just have an extra wire here.

So how is the plug wire routed to not interfere with the flywheel?

So close to getting this thing buttoned up but always a snag. :givebeer:

That is correct. One wire connects to the coil, the other under a coil bolt. Both go to the kill switch. They both snap into the air deflector, as well as the coil wire. Sounds like you need an IPL.

If so does anyone have a part#?

372diagram2.jpg

Back