372 XP gets a Wide Discharge Clutch Cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn right, I believe a good post could have saved most if not all that wood. I never did like back straps anyway though. .

It even looked like thats what he was doing, but then he went and cut all the guts out. . . . hell i don't know. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice new cover you got there. I recently got that one for my jred 2171 for the same reason you did, and I really, really like it. In fact, it should come on all versions of the saw as standard, since you don't really sacrifice anything to get better flow.

Did you find a red one? :D

Damn right, I believe a good post could have saved most if not all that wood. I never did like back straps anyway though. .

It even looked like thats what he was doing, but then he went and cut all the guts out. . . . hell i don't know. .

What's the 'post' method you guys mentioned?

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Does it have the flutes like the smaller one?

That's good. The one on the 2171 was fluted. It didn't seem to clog any more than the husky without them.

It,s pretty much what he had going in the vid, except that he had it in the back which qualifies it as a strap.. It's just holding wood in the back cut. .

Ah, sort of like a long bore cut, uh? I've gotten away with the post set up, but I have never had a big leaner like in that video. Most of the ones I worked on were small Alders in the 20-24" range.

An oddity is that a stock (outboard clutch) 346xp actually noodles wery well, at least with 21LP and 25RSC chain........;)

Last edited:
Is this the OEM cover for the 570 and 575 or is it designated as wide discharge for those saws. If it is a stock 570/575 cover I think I'll get one tomorrow.

Yeah its the stock one for the 570 and 575. The 576 doesn't have it for some reason.

Yeah its the stock one for the 570 and 575. The 576 doesn't have it for some reason.

Nice, I'll have to get one for my 372bb project. My wife made the mistake of telling me I have to get my saws ready for fair season in August.

From what I've known, it's ONLY the stock 570-575 cover for the full wrap, west-coast saws (big dogs...)

I have seen MANY 570's and 575's with the regular cover on them...

What a NICE wife! :clap:

woodchuck, I sent ya a PM... ;)

J

that wide clutch cover looks fly as ####.

Looks great on the Stihl saws as well. Here's my old 046mag:

large.jpg

Latest posts

Back