372 xp introduced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
any one know the years made?
and if any appearance changes were made
going this morning to look at a used 372 and would like to narrow the age down a bit if possible

Check the serial tag above the oil cap. The bottom number should start with the year, IE: 06 XXXXXXXX. The next two digits are the week of that year 01 through 52. I think the first ones came out in '99/'00, but not sure.

A few cosmetric changes were the old and new style starter decal (if it's still there), and the latest ones have an "XP" on top of the air filter cover.

thanks for the info,
been saving some cash for a new 372 or jonsered 2171 but saw a ad for a 372 for $325 but some one beat me to it

Check the serial tag above the oil cap. The bottom number should start with the year, IE: 06 XXXXXXXX. The next two digits are the week of that year 01 through 52. I think the first ones came out in '99/'00, but not sure.

A few cosmetric changes were the old and new style starter decal (if it's still there), and the latest ones have an "XP" on top of the air filter cover.

Yes, the first ones sure came out in 1999, but very late that year - the first IPL is dated nov 1999.

There has been lots of smaller non-cosmetical changes, the last one being shorter bar studs, but no real eye-catchers - and no really important ones.

Last edited:
I believe the bar adjustment is on the front of the saw on the earlier ('99)models, if my memory serves me right (maybe someone can confirm this); it is on the clutch cover on the later ones.

Latest posts

Back