• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 372 xp not really just going to increase compression a little

• Thread starter Deleted member 117362
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 117362

Purchased this 372 a short time ago to rebuild. It's a 2005 model and is all oem, except for new Caber rings, replaced rings and installed new base gasket. Ran a tankful of 40:1 ethanol free mix through saw cutting oak and maple today and saw ran well (maybe a little too much four stroking). Opened stock exhaust outlet and will remove base gasket (seal with Motoseal and vacuum check) at buyers request. If base gasket is removed, will run another tankful of mix through saw. Saw came with a few stripped threads, one at brake handle and three on wrap handle, they are solid now. Also you can see a small chip in clutch cover. $450 PHO plus $50 shipping to lower 48 states. Paypal friends and family and if shipping is less I will refund overcharge.IMG_8006.JPG IMG_8005.JPG IMG_8000.JPG IMG_8001.JPG IMG_8002.JPG IMG_7998.JPG IMG_7997.JPG IMG_7999.JPG IMG_8003.JPG IMG_8004.JPG

Very surprised this is still here. Its only $50 more than the 359 I just listed.
I want that wrap handle. I know I could get a new xtorq one, but it's just not the same.
Great seller here guys.
Thanks, but I cannot leave it alone. Going to delete gasket or cut a thin gasket and increase compression. Some people just cannot leave well enough alone! :happybanana:

Thanks, but I cannot leave it alone. Going to delete gasket or cut a thin gasket and increase compression. Some people just cannot leave well enough alone! :happybanana:
Sometimes it's better to hold them a while anyway. This fall it will sell for 500 and guys will be asking for them, and in the meantime it will be fun to have around.

Sometimes it's better to hold them a while anyway. This fall it will sell for 500 and guys will be asking for them, and in the meantime it will be fun to have around.
Scrapping motoseal and gasket off right now. Will post psi increase when done, after sealant cures. Give it 24 hours.

Compression before and after. Squish is 24-25 and good enough for a work saw. IMG_8004.JPG IMG_8008.JPG

Attachments

• 0317181344.jpg
    0317181344.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 0317181338_Burst01.jpg
    0317181338_Burst01.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 18
Back