372 XP on the way out??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

constantine

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I heard from a local Husqvarna dealer today that the 372XP would be dropped from the line next year and a new "clean" model would be introduced. Do any of you "in the know" have any evidence of this, either way? Thanks.

The 372 as we know it cannot be built past the end of the year, but they will still be in the pipeline for well into 2010.

There is supposed to be a X-torq/strato 372, (and 365), coming online sometime during the year. This is really just supposed to be a short term deal of a couple years.

I don't think there will be more than one version, so I would suspect that the 75cc XPW will go away with the XPG which is already NLA.

I'm loading up on them because I think once the end draws near, lots of dealers will grab them also and run the inventory down pretty quick.

This is the message:

Dear Arizona and New Mexico Power Retailer,

We will have the following new Husqvarna saws in 2010:

372XP x torq
Production of the existing 372 will stop in Dec.2009

We are working to ensure that we get our production needs in SOP and the units built in 2009. The new unit (emission ready) is planned to start the first week of Jan.

We "building" inventory to cover Jan 2010 needs and then move into the new unit 01 Feb.

On the 372XPW (75cc version) we can have 500 of these and this will carry us into the second quarter. We need to discuss where the inventory resides....

The new 365 x-torq production will start in mid March 2010- we will plan on a late May 2010 market intro.

I recommend you get the orders in today, and begin building back-orders for any 372's that you want delivered before production is stopped.

:clap: :cheers:

I'm loading up on them because I think once the end draws near, lots of dealers will grab them also and run the inventory down pretty quick.

Better investment than the stock market. It used to be items would be discounted when they were discontinued just to get rid of the old inventory. Somehow I don't see that happening here. How many threads do you think we will see in the not-to-distant future about guys looking for a new 372XP? Remember when the MS-440 went away? Can a dealer "legally" ship NLA saws after production has stopped on that model & the replacement model is available, or must he wait for the cover of darkness?

I've got my "still new in the box", 75cc 372 standing by...waiting.:greenchainsaw:

I'm curious about Spike's comment about the strato 365 and 372 only as a short-term interim model. What's on the horizon?

And what does it mean for Jonsereds?

Yeah I have my dealer currently trying to nab me a 372xpw, been waiting to get one and it must be too late, said he could not order one and is checking with the rep, to see if any are available. I knew about the new saw a while ago but did not figure husky would end production so soon.

i betcha a dollar the XPW stays around a long while longer

Yep. I called my dealer today, He said he had one left and was going to order more. I don't think he will be so lucky to get more from the way it sounds. So I told him I would take the one on the shelf or a new one in a box if he got another. It just dosent seem right that we are going nuts over a saw that was introduced what? 10 years or so ago? Because we are scared to death that The "new" model won't be as good as the older ones Thanks to the EPA. I am tired of all the epa crap, I tired of hearing about global warming due to us, Which cannot be proven that we are at fault and I am tired of all the left wing wackos tried to mess this country up. I just want my 1977 chevy truck with a 350 gas engine, A 372 husky and an older 2 stroke motocrosser and a case of beer and I am happy. Oh, I forgot about the guns I will keep those too.

I've got my "still new in the box", 75cc 372 standing by...waiting.:greenchainsaw:

I've got mine. It was the final phone order Husky that Bailey's sold before the deadline to stop internet/phone sales that was imposed by Husqvarna. It seems rather fitting that it was a 372XPW, especially now as we approach the end of a run of a real classic saw. :cheers:

Got one!

Picked up a new-in-box 372XP today. Dealer says he has "plenty" in stock, since he knew that the saw would be discontinued, but he can't order any more. Another classic falls victim to the EPA.

Back