372 XP safety button/switch problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan F

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have an exploded diagram or picture of how the safety switch and trigger for the throttle should be put together?

I just bought the saw used, and it had fallen off of the bucket truck, rear handle down. The handle was broken, I've got that about 90% repaired. However, I can't get the safety switch to work all of the time; more along the lines of 10% of the time IF I manually reset it... The spring is still there, it just won't hold the throttle like it's supposed to.

I'm not completely opposed to removing the switch, but if I can make it work, I'd prefer that. I probably need a new rear handle but don't really feel like forking out the $$$ for one right now!

Any and all help is appreciated!!

Dan

I saw a tank on E-bay not too long ago, it is not expensive.

I think it is broken on the triggers pin, so one off them moves around.

With pic's it would be easyer to tell.

I didn't think to say that I can open up the very top of the handle where the seam is. I can't open it much, but about 1/8" to 3/16".... I'm sure that's got something to do with it.

I tried to pin the safety switch using a nail through the holes in the handle and the switch, but it didn't seem to help any.

I'll try to get some pics tonight and post tomorrow....

Thanks. I'll probably watch eBay this winter some.:)

Dan

You have to "spread" the seam to get out or in the safety ,enough to let the safety switch because there is a small tab on each side of the switch to stop the switch to go out.Dont forget to install the spring the RIGHT way.

i just PM you.

Back