• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 372 xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komatsuvarna

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
Though I'd put this up to see if there were any interest in it. Saw has 2 issues that I'll go into later. I'll try to keep it short as possible and still tell the story.

I ported this saw awhile ago and sold it to a local firewood friend. He had it for 7 months and ran it quite a bit, loved the saw but smashed the back half of it. I took it in on trade for regular 50mm ported 372 a few months back.

So, this is a ported 372xpw cylinder setting on a 2004 372 case, so the case says 372xp. Has all new Nachi bearings and oem seals and rings. The cylinder does have one vertical score mark from the transfer port up to the top of the cylinder, that's one issue. It's not deep at all but it does have a light score mark and is less than perfect. Compression is at 165psi, I have a picture of that below. Saw is wearing a Walbro WJ 390xp non epa carburetor. OEM Piston is nice, pictures below. Has the big XPW spikes. It has a China muffler. Saw runs good and functions as it should. The other issue is on the end of the crank where the E-clip goes on. I didn't notice this until way after the fact. I don't know if it happened in part of the tree smashing accident or what, but there is some damage on the end of the crank none the less. Pictures below of that too. I figured I'd just keep this saw and run the piss outta it myself cutting firewood and it would probably last me a long time,,,But I have too many saws and don't need it. I done told the 2 issues with this saw and I'll let it go at a good price because of those problems. I'd like to have $380.00 shipped for the powerhead only paypal as a gift. If your interested in this saw and think I'm out of line on the price make me a fair offer. I've stated the issues above and have pictures below so you can decide if you want it or not. Thanks.

Was that piece of the crank detached or is it just cracked? Is the 165 psi "stock" with gasket, or is that as high as you can get it?

Was that piece of the crank detached or is it just cracked? Is the 165 psi "stock" with gasket, or is that as high as you can get it?

Its attached still. It may be getting another crank soon if I can find one. I could have sold it 4 times already if it wasn't for that, can't say I blame them though really.

No gasket and has had the combustion chamber and base cut a little. I can get more compression, but I never liked to go a lot higher in these saws.....

They're just 140ish stock :laugh:

Go ahead and get it. Call Madsens and order a wrap handle and you'll get it and forget the 385 runs after using that a few days.

I have one of these XPW ported frankensaws that Durand built on a 362 chassis. I was running it today with a 28" bar in White Ash and it was begging for more. Only complaint is the weight of the bar :). Mine doesnt have the 390 carb though. Very stout saw. It makes me think about selling my Masterminded 394. Someone buy this thing before I own another. I DONT NEED ANOTHER SAW! :chainsaw:

I have one of these XPW ported frankensaws that Durand built on a 362 chassis. I was running it today with a 28" bar in White Ash and it was begging for more. Only complaint is the weight of the bar :). Mine doesnt have the 390 carb though. Very stout saw. It makes me think about selling my Masterminded 394. Someone buy this thing before I own another. I DONT NEED ANOTHER SAW! :chainsaw:
Glad your still likeing that saw my friend. You wont really notice any difference between the carbs on a woods saw IMO. I already had this carb and didnt have a HD12 carb so this one is what it got.

Latest posts

Back