372XP bar question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskykid141

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just got a 372XP a couple of weeks back and after reading all of the bar lengths it will push i was wondering how it would push a 28 inch bar with a skip chain on it? The saw came with a 20 inch bar and i bougt a 24 inch bar off a friend that was selling the almost new bar and chain for 40 bucks. Any feed back on my question will be good, thanks.
:greenchainsaw:

I use a 28" with full comp. on my 372 all the time.
Granted, I'm only cutting the lowly softwood, but I'm also at almost 9000' elevation and that means about a 30% loss of power. So I would think that even in hardwood at a lower elevation a 372 should do well with a 28" bar & skip chain.

Andy

Not too much timber in Rhode Island that is going to require more than a 24" bar on a regular basis.

There are at least two schools of thought about bar length; the first says that a longer bar will save wear and tear on your back, and the second says that a shorter bar will stay out of the dirt and keep the chain sharp longer. Take your pick.

i run a 30" on mine, in the 2006 products catalog husky recommended up to a 34" bar. fully buried in tulip the 30 cuts pretty good

Not too much timber in Rhode Island that is going to require more than a 24" bar on a regular basis.

There are at least two schools of thought about bar length; the first says that a longer bar will save wear and tear on your back, and the second says that a shorter bar will stay out of the dirt and keep the chain sharp longer. Take your pick.

You forgot the third "school of thought".
Run a long bar, and learn to control your saw therefore keeping the bar out of the dirt. :dizzy:

Andy

I just got a 372XP a couple of weeks back and after reading all of the bar lengths it will push i was wondering how it would push a 28 inch bar with a skip chain on it? The saw came with a 20 inch bar and i bougt a 24 inch bar off a friend that was selling the almost new bar and chain for 40 bucks. Any feed back on my question will be good, thanks.
:greenchainsaw:

Should run the 28 W Full comp no problemo!!!!!!!

I run a 28" all of the time on my 372 with both semi and full skip and have never had a problem. It seems to balance very nicely too.

I think in these parts it may be illegal to run less than a 28" bar on a 70cc saw:cheers:

It will pull the 28 inch OK...

If you want to have some fun, run a 8 tooth rim on it with the 20 inch bar, and pick up some good chain speed!

Latest posts

Back